* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
But Kefka ran away AFTER JACK WAS DEAD. He hadn't gotten the game over screen yet, but that's because THERE IS NO GAME OVER SCREEN THERE. When the battle ended, he had basicalled STALEMATED. I maintain my position that tactically and role-playingly the win condition for that section of the game is to PROTECT THE ESPER (which involves protecting Banon). If Kefka runs away and you die, guess what? the troops maintain their assault. If they get past Banon, they've still won.
In my eyes the fact that Jack won that battle (which he technically didn't - Kefka was still there as an encounter who hadn't left the field of battle) was completely an artifact of the specific order in which events were played out. His party still died, he still got thrown back to the start of the scenario, he still had to do it over, it clearly didn't count as far as the game (the arbiter final) was concerned.

In future, we clearly have to either on a determining end factor (starting the Kefka fight, making Kefka run, or winning the scenario) or it is all up in the air and will be argued over indefinitely.

For me, I think that to win the SCENARIO involves making the game realize you've won the scenario. If it is just winning the Kefka fight, then it is just until Kefka runs away. If it is just a race TO Kefka, then it is clearly to starting the Kefka fight in Narshe, battle unnecessary (and anyone who claims a monster-in-a-box victory is clearly a douche (you might as well claim you'd won at the imperial camp). And if it is making Kefka run away then there is a large argument to be made over whether him running from that one battle counts as him running from the field.

We just need to define the goal more clearly in the future and that will clearly be up to the racers.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by MrEntity - 09-30-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM