Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Special Ability Submissions Thread

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
@Lord Sutebenu

That sounds really cool, although I believe that the good abilities should outweigh the bad ones to a degree, because the other characters' abilities are generally really good all the time (although Mog is random as well, until he starts jumping). I feel like giving her some risk is a really great way to add some flavour, but too much would make her lackluster in battle until magic takes over the game towards the end. Then again, she would probably be one of the more powerful characters at the end because I presume she'd have a good magic stat, so making her a character that gets better as you go along could work too.

Another idea to differentiate Aether from Edgar's tools could be that she will gain each skill in order from the mana eggs, instead of gaining each particular skill from a particular egg. For example, no matter which order you collect them in, egg 1 will teach Wyrm Mana, egg 2 will teach Beast Mana, egg 3 will teach Cuddly Moogle Mana, etc. You'd still be forced to beat some optional bosses to get the best ones either way. Obviously it's your call, not mine, but I wanted to throw that out there.

My idea for an ability would have to be:

Dark Magic

She can cast the ordinary magic spells at double (or maybe less than that, if we find that it upsets the game balance) power in return for a price of some kind (maybe double MP, except that wouldn't matter much with Osmose. A percentage of her HP could also make a good sacrifice). This definitely works with her "normal" light side, "chaotic" dark side, thing. I also like that it's a twist of game mechanics and not just a bunch of attacks that are learned at a certain level and selected from a menu, which I wouldn't want. I also think it will just be fun to be able to go OMG psycho against the tougher enemies. It's also really easy to modify to make it fit with game balance if need be, as the sacrifice/power boost would be easy to adjust if we got the skill working at all. It also might be possible that we could load a black palette or something for the spell animation, instead of the normal palette, if that's feasible.

The con that I can think of would be that we'd be forced to only put her in the party after the Magitek Facility, or at least Zozo, so that she'd have a selection of abilities at the start and not just Fight, although that would probably be a good course of action either way. This could probably be avoided though, if we at least start her off with some magic spells. I'm not talking about a natural magic list or anything, just giving her Fire, Ice and Thunder with an event command when you get her.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
Special Ability Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Special Ability Submissions Thread - by Lockirby2 - 09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: Special Ability Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Special Ability Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM