Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
ZONE DOCTOR - FF6 Editor v3.18.4 (formerly FF6LE) *EVENT EDITING SUPPORT*

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
For anyone who's trying to use the event scripts editor with their hack and are experiencing crashing or script parsing issues, it could be one of a number of problems.

1. Parsing errors may occur b/c indexed branch commands (command $B6) that, in a fresh ROM, normally follow dialogue commands pointing to a dialogue w/multiple selectable options but in a modified ROM don't follow a dlg w/selectable options. Thus it either has no value to go by to determine the # of branches/size of the command or it has the wrong one.
2. If dlgs are rearranged in your hack into more than two banks with custom starting indexes stored at a user-defined offset, the program currently has no way of knowing where these values are. So #1 above may not be the real issue in this case.

So the only solution is to add an option to the program for the user to manually set the offset/count for dlg bank starting indexes. An alternative method (but far less user-friendly) is to modify the source, which requires some basic programming knowledge: open the Dialogues.cs class in the Editor.Dialogues folder, look in the GetText function and modify the code to read from the custom offsets/banks. The index_ variable is the default starting index of the second bank of dialogues. Also, I've now fixed the mini-maps saving issue.

For anyone else who is experiencing difficulties using the editor with their hack, please PM an IPS patch so I can test it against the program. I'll eventually report back to this thread with any information on why the issues are occurring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ZONE DOCTOR - FF6 Editor v3.18.0 BETA (formerly FF6LE) *EVENT EDITING SUPPORT* - by giangurgolo - 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM