* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite FF Main Character

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
yeah, Zack is pretty cool, but my all time favorite FF character would be Vivi, being only 9 years old he has to deal with a lot of things that many adults would die of despair from and he still comes out strong.

Oh and about Cecil... he didn't really have "dark ways" he was just a dark knight, he's the same old Cecil just he can protect others and do some rather abysmal healing and spells, lol.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
His healing was always "meh...." to me compared to Rosa's. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I like WOL and Cecil, but all in all; I voted for Cecil.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Cecil was a pretty cool character. Smile
  Find

Status
None
(08-09-2009, 11:43 AM)Zeemis Wrote: I like Bartz the best. :3
ZEEMIS YOUR f**k**g RIGHT BARTZ OWNZ THEM ALL LIKE HE IS SO COOL FOR JUST BEING THIS LONE ADVENTURER

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Unabashed Terra fan here. As I suspect most people in the FF6 hacking community would be.

Should probably make a 'Favorite non-FF6 main character' poll instead. We're kind of biased here.

For me, that person would be Tidus. He's a really relatable guy. I know some people don't like him, but I suspect it has to do with how old someone was when they played FFX. If you were passed the point in your life where you could relate to Tidus' worries and struggle with growing up, he could easily come off as 'too whiny'. But I personally found him a lot more likable and accessible than the 'We're badasses' heroes from FF7 and FF8, and I was ready for Tidus' brand of optimism and straightforward thinking. Again, it probably had a lot to do with my age when I first played FFX.

Now that I'm older, I find Cloud and Squall (and Zidane) a lot more relatable, and when I replayed FFX, I suspect I might have been annoyed with Tidus if it weren't for the nostalgia filter. But I still have fond memories of FFX, and he definitely still feels like my #2 FF hero.

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
i voted for luneth cause his the closest character 2 the onion knight from dissidia which is my favairite character but if your talking about the main characters it would have 2 be squall, his always been my favarite main.
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
None
I chose Bartz becuase his the closest guy to have job classes without having no storyline, plus FF5 is my favourite. And yours to.

Find

Threads: 2
Status
None
(08-09-2009, 12:42 PM)RajaHibiki Wrote: Gonna have to go with Terra. She was the first female lead in any of the games. Even if she does eventually get replaced by number two female lead, Celes. Her confusion with the concept of love and other human emotions is what made her interesting. I love her and the emphasis on her complete and utter lack of understanding of herself. She had been human for 18 years of her life, but still couldn't quite understand how to be a human, and then the added asset of her Esper blood didn't help to quench the thirst for enlightenment. She had unexplained powers, she couldn't feel the way other people felt, and she was controlled and used as a weapon of destruction for her entire life. The she loses the will to fight, because she needed to care for the orphan children. When their lives are in danger, she realizes she needs to protect them, even if that means fighting. These reasons justify my admiration of Terra's character.

These are my reasons. Also, Terra's nothing like any of the current main characters for the most part. She is left to wander aimlessly in this world and make her own decisions and isn't quite in tune with saving the world for good reasons except she was dragged along. It wasn't until she found her reasons to fight that she became more "righteous." Cloud is similar, but I can't relate to his thinking process, it's all confuzzled and schizophrenic. Squall is a loner, much like me, but he always locks himself inside. I can't relate to that. It doesn't make sense to me. Tidus does complain a lot and focuses WAY too much on his father, which is annoying to say the least. He doesn't even fight for an ideal, not really. He really fights for his new girlfriend. Fine, I get it, but that just doesn't seem like a "manly" thing to do in my eyes, more selfish.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
I like Squall, the lone wolf. I can relate to him in the way that I do what I need to do but I prefer things alone, and our personalities are similar.
  Find