Character History Submissions Thread

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Here's my idea:

--------------------------------------------------------

Gender: Female -> There's 10 male characters in FF6, and 3 female ones. My OCD is telling me to even out these numbers Hit. Furthermore, this character would serve as sharp contrast to pretty much every other female character in video games (especially FF) who are ridiculously fan-servicey.

Hometown: Miranda

Backstory: This character, [name], started out as the leader of a small group of elite forces that were the defense of Miranda before the Imperial Army took over the cities on the southern continent. This small force was able to fend off the more numerous opposition for quite a while before General Celes was sent to torch the city. With the power of Magic, something this small force was not trained to deal with, Miranda was quickly taken. However, [name] survived, and Celes was so impressed with her tactical and fighting ability that she took [name] to the empire to be magically augmented (The original plan was to use a Slave Crown to control her if she decided not to co-operate). However, unbeknownst to everybody involved (even after all of these events unfold), Kefka decided to have a little "fun" with the conversion process, causing many physical deformations to occur. The failure of this augmenting horrifies Celes, partly because she feels responsible for it, and it disillusions her to the empire. She helps [name] to escape, but is branded a traitor for it. [name]'s story picks up when the party meets her, which will be determined later.

Pros:
-Explains why Celes became a traitor, and gives [name] a connection to at least one party member. It is a fairly deep connection, too, as there are a decent amount of both positive and negative emotions flowing between them.
-Sets up a scene where Kefka reveals that he was the one who tampered with the augmenting process. This will also give [name] a personal hatred for Kefka, and not just the empire.
-Definitely shows the cruelty of the Empire, which is what we were going for.

Cons:
-The elite group defending Miranda had no presence in the original story.
(it's harder to see cons in your own stuff Finger)

@Edrin I know you said that we didn't need a name for it, but I want to give it one anyways, so that others can quickly sum up and mention the idea without saying "that idea with Miranda and Celes" or "Lockirby's idea". I will name my idea Miranda Captured.

--------------------------------------------------------

Is there going to be a separate poll for Gender and Hometown/Backstory? Hometown and backstory might be intrinsically linked, but this idea (and probably most) could have worked just as well with a male character as a female one. It seems like it should be decided separately IMO.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
Character History Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 07-01-2013, 06:21 AM
RE: Character History Submissions Thread - by Lockirby2 - 07-01-2013, 11:18 AM