Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6: Is the Best Game Ever (Gameplay/some Graphics)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(07-19-2015, 08:16 AM)FF6Fanatic Wrote: I see. I feared as much... I don't really understand all that code, or the tables. Well, at least now I know what to do. Thanks.

Edit: Btw, is it possible to increase the level cap? Like maybe lv.999 or similar. Just wondering. :p

Level is an 8-bit number, so you could increase the level cap to 255 fairly easily, but there are some caveats. You'd have to relocate and expand the experience tables, too. Note that Exp caps out at 15 million.

Not to mention that the damage formulas are not designed for such high levels and would overflow (or cap out, if you applied the damage overflow fixes). Damage overflows (or caps out) at 65535, so you'd have to lower other factors to compensate for the high level, unless you'd also want to expand the maximum possible damage... in which case you'd probably want to adjust maximum possible Defense and HP. Your proposal is not impossible but requires pretty much a rewrite of the entire battle engine. :p
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6: Is the Best Game Ever (Gameplay/some Graphics) - by seibaby - 05-23-2016, 10:30 AM