The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Giving Lore to Another Character

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
1st of I would like to thank Lenophis, DjinnandTonic, and Gi Nattak for their hex advice and info, I will teach u all how to successfully change a character's Lore learning curve

1st off you will need a hex editor, I recommend WindHex32

2nd you are going to need to know each character's hex Value

Terra: 00
Locke: 01
Cyan: 02
Shadow: 03
Edgar: 04
Sabin: 05
Celes: 06
Strago: 07
Relm: 08
Setzer: 09
Mog: 0A
Gau: 0B
Gogo: 0C
Umaro: 0D

3rd u need to know the offset of the Lore learning curve which is in the C2 bank, it is C2:36D6, that is the exact spot where Lore is learned, and C2:36E1 Y = $3007 ;This checks if Strago is in the party.

what you would need to do here is search 238E2 (with SNES Hi Rom selected, assuming you are using WindHex32)

you will come across 07 that is Strago's byte, all you need to do is change to one of the chars list that I showed up above, like Terra for example, you will then need to change 07 to 00 save the rom and Terra learns lores from now on Wink

the $3007 will be $3000

that's all there is to it Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Messages In This Thread
Giving Lore to Another Character - by SSJ Rick - 10-18-2010, 04:53 PM