Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Musical Themes for Characters 0E and 0F

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(03-19-2017, 02:18 PM)Timbo Wrote: The one character for this that I've figured out for sure is Banon. His arc is left totally unresolved and unaddressed. His health/pray command can be easily inserted into a spell menu to expand his skillet later in the game. Finally, The Returners can easily be used as his personal musical theme.

The next best character in my opinion is not Leo. Bringing him back undermines not only his death, but Cid, Rachel, and Daryl's as well.

Well heck, keeping Leo was the reason I came here in the first place.  Hmm

But agreed on Banon. In the hack I'm working on, Banon (1) is present at the dinner with Gesthal as the official leader of the Returners, (2) Accompanies Terra, Locke, Celes, and Leo to Thamasa, and (3) Dies in Leo's place defending the Espers in Thamasa. It still keeps the gravitas of that scene, and arguably gives it more. Banon is a father figure to almost everyone, and is the founder of the Returners. His death is a punch in the gut to everyone. Now that he's gone, who can hope to stand up to the Empire? Who is going to carry the torch? His murder also becomes the catalyst for Leo defecting from the Empire and joining your team.

Leo, in turn, joins your party as soon as you land on crescent island, taking Locke's place. (Locke is encouraged by Terra to go with Celes.) This makes him a playable character in the burning house and esper cave. He takes Celes's Runic ability, while Celes gains "Jump" (and the use of spears). This is explained by NPCs to be the reason Leo was able to rise to prominence without Magitek. He neutralized his opponents' ability to use magic. There is a relic available in the Phoneix Cave that changes Runic to Shock.

In the WoR, Leo takes Cyan's place on Mt Zozo, writing letters to the loved ones of all of his troops who died while fighting the Empire. He feels responsible for their deaths. You recruit Cyan by waking him from his nightmare in Doma. You get his SwdTechs in the Ancient Castle.

Now, back on topic. For Leo's theme, I've been using Epitaph. Even though it's just a remix of Setzer's theme, it fits perfectly in all of Leo's moments. The point is that he's a gentle soul, and that theme communicates it. I haven't yet figured out what to do about the ending.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Musical Themes for Characters 0E and 0F - by PowerPanda - 04-15-2017, 12:51 PM