Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Level Bonuses Based on Equipment

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
(02-26-2017, 04:05 AM)seibaby Wrote: Brave New World is excellent, and they've made so many modifications and tweaks to the game that it's difficult to point to any one hack as what defines it. However, they HAVE released the Restrict Espers by Character hack publicly:

http://www.romhacking.net/documents/656/

I agree with the sentiment that BNW looks rather proprietary, but I don't think it's because BTB and Synchysi are being miserly - more a case of being targeted towards players rather than hackers, and Synchysi feeling reluctant to publicly release code that's not up to his standard of documentation. I think Synchysi would share code if asked.

Furthermore, BNW incorporates many hacks that were coded by members of the community. Many patches are posted in dev threads at the forum at Insane Difficulty, available to anyone who cares to dig through the posts. Also, my own meager contribution to BNW (Smart Cover) is publicly available here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=3373

Sorry for the offtopic reply. I think that the neatest way of adding bonuses to gear would be to hijack the normal esper bonus routine and use a look up table to attach specific bonuses to item IDs.
I just want it to be clear here. I wasn't trying to make any kind of connection to my desire to share with the community with Synchysi's hacks being proprietary. There are numerous reasons for a developer not to share their code but only a few of those reasons are selfish. ROM Hackers essentially give away free art, clearly they aren't "miserly*.

Seibaby, that approach looks novel too. I'm really down for any of these approaches. I'm just going to need a little guidance. Before that happens I probably need to familiarize myself with asm. What's the best guide or tutorial for my needs?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by Timbo - 02-25-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by madsiur - 02-25-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by Timbo - 02-25-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by Vertigo - 02-26-2017, 01:47 AM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by seibaby - 02-26-2017, 04:05 AM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by Timbo - 02-26-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by madsiur - 02-26-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by madsiur - 02-26-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by seibaby - 02-26-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: Level Bonuses Based on Equipment - by Timbo - 02-26-2017, 12:14 PM