Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(03-28-2015, 02:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Was that the problem about position of numbers, among zeros and ":" ? actually i didn't follow any rule, except that it was quite obvious when it was an hour or not...
If you had problems with the one above then there's no surprise to see you skrewed the enigma... almost everywhere there was 0:XX time measures!
btw i never used as time value something like 0:00:YY, how could it be possible that i was always talking about minutes... besides keeping valid that rule, the whole logic puzzle was destined to collapse, since there was no way to making become unknown when i was talking about seconds or minutes.

The issue was the fact that a time of 4:00 could only be taken as an hour due to the formatting, but 0:50 could be taken as minutes or seconds despite the formatting. Inconsistencies like that one make it hard to work out how things are intended to be.

Sure, the logic puzzle would have collapsed if it was taken the wrong way... but it was hard to come to that conclusion. Simply understanding the instructions requires a lot of guesswork already due to the unclear use of language, and the more guesswork that gets piled on to something like this, the shakier any future guessing gets.

(03-28-2015, 02:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Said that, i don't know what else you still don't understand about XOR and AND sentences...

I understand it now. It was when I guessed the clock combination that I didn't understand it.

(03-28-2015, 02:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: and where language barrier is involved here... Sad

Unfortunately, a lot of the statements that you made did not make sense. In fact, you may not notice in most cases, but a lot of guesswork is usually involved in interpreting your statements, because they are not valid sentences. This is less often an issue on forums because they don't have space restrictions like a text box, and there's more context to determine what is being said. Even for a native English speaker, it would likely have been difficult to express the instructions for this clearly in the cramped space, but for you it's pretty much nearly impossible, not that it was entirely your fault.

Cecil noted as well to me IRL that he found understanding what the instructions were saying to be the tripping point in solving this.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals) - by Lockirby2 - 03-28-2015, 03:39 PM