Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Special Ability Submissions Thread

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay so here's my idea.

This girl has been irreparably damaged and infused by magitek experiments to the point where she has lost not only her appearance, but also her ability to call herself human. I see her as an unbalanced and chaotic fusion of human and esper that is constantly at war with eachother, a perfect contrast to the relatively peaceful co-habitation that Terra gets to enjoy. Thus I find that her abilities should reflect this chaotic nature of hers.

Now for my suggestion:

Ability Name: Aether

I think she should use the "Tools" mechanic. In that, you get items (however many) and those will serve as her "abilities" HOWEVER, these are not tools in and of themselves, but rather the manifestation of mana and spirit that grants her access to hitherto unknown power.

I would say that you would receive these Mana Orbs (or whatever) from certain enemies, a few littered in storyline bosses, other powers (and probably her more significant of them) could be from optional bosses.

Now for what will make her abilities different from Edgar's Tools.

All her abilities are random, split among three different possibilities. Imagine for a moment a sort of combination of Edgar's Tools, and Mog's Dances. You stay in complete control of her, use whatever ability you want, but what happens is completely up in the air.

For example:
Quote:15man is in battle, you go to her ability selection window, let's call it Aether (why? Because aether is the manifestation of both life energy and spiritual energy, in a sense for this game, magic and spirit).
You choose 'Wyrm Mana'.

now there are three abilities that can happen with Wyrm Mana:

1. Dragon Breath: 15man summons the ferocious fire of a great dragon to decimate her foe. Powerful (fire) or (non-elemental) damage to a single enemy.

2. Dragon Skin: 15man releases her chaotic energy to give her party Shell and Protect, but at the cost of burdening them with the weight of her spirit. (Casts Protect, Shell, and Slow on party)

3. Entrap: 15man's energies have run out of her control, paralyzing a random person with her ill intent.

With this example, I show that 15man can easily be a powerful ally, but at the same time she could hurt you as well. This would show how her very nature is twisted up, warping her powers and possibly harming the very people she is trying to help and protect. In this way, even in battle it can show just how desperate she is to get out of her troubled situation.

Plus I think with that kind ability she could add a whole new level of tactics to battling, since you never know if she is going to do something helpful or harmful. And I just love gamble type characters in my battle party.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Special Ability Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Special Ability Submissions Thread - by Sutebenukun - 09-04-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Special Ability Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Special Ability Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM