Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character History Submissions Thread

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hah, LockKirby you took a lot of my idea already and put it out down, but I suppose I'll post mine for the subtle differences.

-----------------------------------------------

Gender: Doesn't really matter. I personally feel that this character might be better as a male, but like LockKirby I find the lack of females in this game, and the general fan-servicey treatment of female characters in FF games to be a bit strange.

Hometown: I was also thinking Maranda.

Backstory: This character will have been conscripted into the Gestahlian Empire's Army after the occupation of Maranda. After being forced to serve as a soldier this character begins to become guilt ridden and tries to escape. S/he is caught attempting dessertion and is taken back to Vector to serve their time in other ways. While there the character undergoes a drastic and experimental form of Magitek augmentation by an ambivalent Cid under the hostile supervision of Kefka. The party may encounter this character a couple times before s/he is recruited, but at least one encounter in the Magitek facility seems like it would be required, most likely with them discovering and releasing him/her from the facility.

Pros to this story:
-Displays military occupation by the Gestahlian Empire as being much more disruptive and evil to people's lives.
-Shows how the Empire creates consequences and punishments for those who oppose them, and how heavy handed they can be. This also serves as a foil to show how noble the Returners cause really is.
-Makes Cid's turning on the Empire seem less capricious and sudden, also allows for exploring his character more as he may be wracked with guilt over his part in ruining individual's lives and using his discoveries to propagate the banality of evil. (This also leads into a potential WoR sidestory.)

Cons:
-May require making a few extra sprites and events to display the past events.

For purposes of deciding things we will call this story The Desertion.

-----------------------------------------------

Yes LockKirby it is very difficult to see cons in your own stuff, hah.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Character History Submissions Thread - by B-Run - 07-01-2013, 06:21 AM
RE: Character History Submissions Thread - by Ghost XIII - 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM