Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The 15th Man Project: Rules and Overview

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(06-07-2013, 03:25 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Edit: Just a quick question... Will the people not participating in the project be able to vote concerning an aspect of the hack? I think someone not putting any effort in the project shouldn't have a role in the decision making process.

This is what separates this from other projects, EVERYONE has equal say. Unless it becomes obvious that a poster is purposefully trolling, then they get 1 vote per thread, just like everyone else.

In most projects, the people doing the work make all the decisions, which makes perfect sense. But in those cases the purpose of the project is to bring the makers ideas to life, there is an empirical correct answer.

The purpose of the 15th Man Project isn't to come up with something that is "ideal" or the "best", but to get the community involved. Not everybody has developed the skills to make major contributions to the site, but almost everybody has thoughts to share. It's this kind of project that turns casual and less ambitious members that are maybe on the fence about learning to hack into dedicated members.

That being said; the only choices non-contributors will have to choose from are the things provided by the contributors! It's like built-in extra influence (and also incentive for new people to learn and improve new skills). Let's face it, we will all probably be disappointed with how at least one of the votes turns out, but if you can't handle losing one or two votes, this probably isn't the project for you (not you specifically, Mad, the general "you").

Bottom line: as a community building project, everybody who wants to have a say, gets one.

(06-07-2013, 03:25 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I think things like display a 15th character in the shop menu, enable re-equip, coliseum battle functioning properly and assign RAM spell block (if he uses magic) should be addressed in the first place to make sure of what we can do and what we can't.

Yea, I'm aware that will be, by far, the most difficult part of the project. So this kind of thing will need to be tackled hand-in-hand with the rest of the project. At the same time, I don't want to stall the whole project on something only a very narrow subset of our members can tackle. I would venture a guess besides you and I there are only maybe 3-4 other active members who can currently handle those kinds of tasks.

Also, if worse comes to worse, we can replace a current character (which will add a varied amount of work to the project depending on who gets replaced).
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 15th Man Project: Rules and Overview - by B-Run - 06-07-2013, 08:27 PM