Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Status
None
Hmm. I'll have to start checking this guy out some more, he makes for some good points(aside from the fact I've always hated when people called IV and VI by their american release titles, 2 and 3). I've always felt the same way about that game, and while I don't feel the need to play it that often, there do indeed come times where I find myself wondering why I get the urge to play it. I should probably stick to Mario RPG in that case. xD

Also, on the topic, I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem with Final Fantasy Mystic Quest cartridges that I've had throughout my life; Back when I had the game as a child, it would always freeze when getting to the first place in the ice area where there's monsters around (not battlefields), and it would only seem to happen when stepping on certain squares.. I thought it was just my copy of the game, that I lost (or, did I give it back to the video rental store? I don't recall), however, I later bought the game in my teenage years and found that I had the EXACT same problem with this new cartridge (living in a new home, states away from my old one), and wondered if the coincidence that it was the same cart could even be possible. I just sorta figured maybe many FFMQ carts had this glitch, and I'm still curious to this day whether anyone has had this same problem.

Edit: I just looked it up, and it was at Falls Basin with both cartridges, and happened almost every time I went only to that stage. I sorta memorized the squares and jumped around or walked around to avoid where I thought they were until I eventually got through the place, that's the only way I ever got through the level. Kinda funny, I expected the same glitch to happen when I played it on an emulator. xD

Messages In This Thread
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by Archaic - 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by Archaic - 06-09-2011, 11:11 PM
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by Archaic - 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM