Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
customize FA battle AI commands

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
No, I had not seen that, but it looks pretty good.

Understand that the stuff we did was before any decent disassemblers (all hand-editing of in hex) and was at least 2 computers ago, so it's hard to simply relocate stuff. But for the FC-invert patch, what I did was make the 2nd byte's high bit an inversion bit, so that (for instance) if you wanted to do FC 07 xx xx, but instead wanted to check for the opposite condition, you'd enter it as FC 87 xx xx. Then I'd rotate out the top bit before the pointer table, and then if the carry was set (meaning the top bit had been set) then I'd flip the condition (true becomes false, and vice versa). It was pretty awesome, because the inefficiency in that area meant that I could do all that in place with some better branching. Basically you get twice as many conditions for free.

Later on, working on the Pandora's Box team, we went even more crazy with it, adding several F1 targetting methods, the ability to check for absence of statuses, etc... but that was well into the xkas era so development was faster and less buggy.

I'm glad to see that user Everything has commented. I wanted to give a big kudos for the dump file he made of those animations (yes, D0 bank is where they are located, and from his information you can see how it would be possible to make some new ones for the FA command if desired).

There are a handful of bugfixes that would require someone to modify those animation scripts, bugfixes which, to my knowledge, no one has yet undertaken, most likely due to the great many unknowns remaining in that script. This dump file of the animation scripts makes me confident that some resourceful person could write an editor for them, much like the editor for the event script, which would make adding or modifying the animation scripts much more palatable for those who are interested (for bug fixing or completely new scripts, either way).

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
customize FA battle AI commands - by Tenkarider - 03-10-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: customize FA battle AI commands - by B-Run - 05-05-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: customize FA battle AI commands - by Imzogelmo - 05-05-2016, 11:56 PM