Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question about lack of space for monster molds...

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I'm no VRAM expert, or even a vram noob, but considering how mtek takes a chunk of monster graphics and a palette from PC (I keep going back to this example because it is the one I remember) then...

There is no real telling without testing, exactly what or where stuff is placed for display or if all of one image is displayed in one designated area (in special cases that is, bahamut, crusader, etc).

A guess would be, and I stress GUESS, there may actually be a smaller reserved area for said things like monster,PC,Esper, then a shared area they all use... maybe... I know there are loading instructions for vram for the molds, but I never got any sort of consistant visual change for the poitive by changing them.

In the reading for Egger's palette patch, he talked about ... drawing every other line seperate, or updating it every line or something like that, to trick it into doing more than intended. Might read through some of his notes to see if there are any leads. I know he was doing some crazy stuff with vram at one point, but it was all on a level way over my head.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about lack of space for monster molds... - by Catone - 06-16-2015, 06:51 PM