Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted!

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The though of guard support had crossed my mind. At first I was thinking it might make it to easy to have the extra help, but after the map editing... well as of right now and with the 8 party members available (the 7 normal + Banon) it might be a little tough, maybe. In the very least I'd expect to need plenty of tonics and Sabin with Fire Dance (mostly just to have 3 evenly strong parties). I wasn't planning on making the enemy stronger in battle, but the sheer number and directions they can come from is another story.

The issue with adding guards (I'm not sure which would be cooler, Narsh guards or Returners) is how? I could do something similar to the moogle battle, but that battle didn't give you a party selection. Since it always has the same parties, they just force X characters into the party. The other issue would be having a full sprite sheet, might be able to get around that though.

I'm not sure if it is possible to check how many are in a party then add a guard or two if that party only had 1 or two normal members. I say 1 or 2 because three groups of 4 (even if some of them are just fillers) might make it to easy. Kinda want to force the player to choose balanced groups.

Or, might it be possible to add a character such as Umaro temp to the current party roster, with a guard sprite set. That would give 9 characters for three even groups, then disable Umaro after the battle. Hrm... gonna take some thinking.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Jeff - 03-16-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by madsiur - 03-16-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-16-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Jeff - 03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-20-2015, 09:38 PM