Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Magitek Armor equipable from airship

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
You ROCK! Only spent about half a day trying to dig that page up. Thank you Madsiur.

As far as showing up on the overworld map, I've never thought about how it would work having a party mixed with and without. That being said I really had no intention of forcing it to show the entire party in Magitek if only one is wearing it (Less its not an option). Might not be a bad thing if it would only show out of battle on a character that has the bit set and not on others. Would allow the player to get around maps that don't have space. That would add a whole other level of "cheating" but eh, its kinda the point of doing it in the first place.

And no I don't expect anyone to write a tutorial just for me, especially if the information is already available and linked. At this point I think I've got the direction established, its just a matter of keeping up with where I'm at and heavy referance to the command list.

Thats actually what I'm starting on next (had to take a break from code and let it sink in), while waiting on it to simmer I did the map work.
Back Room Falcon
Cargo Bay Falcon

I'm not overly happy with it but thats how it fit, working with what I had. Had to move some NPCs to another map, it started getting funny at around 18 or 20. So I linked the "back room" from the Blackjack (different map) and moved some characters over from the main room. It seems to work, from the Falcon side, and the Blackjack side, I havn't tried to play the post opera scene though. Eventually I'd like to move that first scene on the airship (where Celes is dropped and helps the others get in) over to where the coin toss is done. Thats gonna fall into more of a "what to do" than a "how to do" I think. This way that room would never been seen from the Blackjack. Whats behind that one door thats locked? Maybe its Setzer private love shack room (You know he's got to have a disco ball), okay I actually linked it to the broom closet he used to hide in on the Falcon, so the door still works. So far, I don't think anything will be missed, and I have somewhere to actually send everything I'm working to collect.

I'm still trying to figure out what this is though:
Code:
CB/23D8: C2    If ($1E80($07D) [$1E8F, bit 5] is clear) or ($1E80($09D) [$1E93, bit 5] is set) or ($1E80($081) [$1E90, bit 1] is set), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CB/23E2: DE    Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CB/23E3: C0    If ($1E80($1A9) [$1EB5, bit 1] is set), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CB/23E9: C0    If ($1E80($1A0) [$1EB4, bit 0] is clear), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CB/23EF: 31    Begin action queue for character $31 (Party Character 0), 2 bytes long
CB/23F1: CC        Turn vehicle/entity up
CB/23F2: FF        End queue

Its the event linked to the "Cid" sprite in the under belly of the Blackjack. Then there is this one:
Code:
CA/F47C: C0    If ($1E80($1B6) [$1EB6, bit 6] is set), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CA/F482: B2    Call subroutine $CAF493
CA/F486: B2    Call subroutine $CB41A5
CA/F48A: B2    Call subroutine $CB2379
CA/F48E: B2    Call subroutine $CAF506
CA/F492: FE    Return
That I don't know if I can do without. Its the only two events that pop up in the map 007 Blackjack, Inside. That one checks active party and sets alot of bits? But when is it ever touched? The reason it has to go, I removed some map. Making the Blackjack a little smaller, and the Falcon alot bigger. Both those events are on ground thats not there anymore.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Magitek Armor equipable from airship - by Catone - 01-17-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Magitek Armor equipable from airship - by Catone - 01-19-2015, 10:54 PM