Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Magitek Armor equipable from airship

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
How could I forget about South Figaro... that is THE suit I always wondered why I couldn't steal! As far as Doma base goes, yeah I forgot that was very temporary, the idea behind it was, its actually not uncommon for a large military to leave behind heavy stuff due to the cost of shipping home used equipment vs buying it new or upgraded, however, at that time they were moving to Narsh next so by the story anything there would probably have went after the esper.

Regardless, after some flying around, I think focusing on the WoR would be the best idea. By the time your free to collect things like this in the WoB its really to late to play with it, it would need to be disabled for the Floating Continent and the whole end of the world thing really shortens its life span. So, WoR it is.

As far as equipping it, I'm not sure how practical it would be, but would it be possible to have a counter for how many suits you've collected and set the flag for the character doing the talking only? Maybe a dialog menu? Other option would be to collect suits from around the world, claim them as broke until you have a full party worth, then equip all. Not sure on the limitations there. As for removing the flag, no reason to horse around with anything short of remove all regardless of the equip method.

The reason I bring it up, there's one suit in South Figaro, so thats a given, the rest?
Jidoor Auction House? (They sell all that other crap, and if you really wanted to get fancy, could add an event where the willy wonka kid's momma puts a stop to that 1mil bid and "Don't tell Momma" line.)
Zozo? (Black market style?)
Thamasa? (Scrap left over from the Leo slaughter)
Narsh? (Plenty of excuses to have one somewhere here)
Tzen?
Doma? (The castle, maybe one broke down or just got lost, Kefka WAS in charge at the time)

Idealy there would be five total (for a full party) and they'd be in logically/easily explainable places. If its possible to enable one at a time for use, great, if not, just have to wait till there's a set.

Recruit a living Cid (To work the dialog, also explains maintenance. Available after first suit is found. Would kinda add a requirement for the whole "quest". Also opens the door to something else I've wanted to see, recruitment of a crew for the Falcon... Suikoden IV style... maybe)

Renovate the Falcon for a Cargo bay (If possible, but not required. Maybe merge Falcon and Blackjack lower floors, is it possible to have variable exits to a room based on an event? Besides, how's a hotshot gambler supposed to get all those pink slips and phat loot home without a cargo bay anyway?)

As far as having it equiped screwing with events, would it be possible to make a generic JSR (pretty sure that's right) to remove it, that could be added to problematic events? Eh, something generic and manageable to add without major rewrites on everything?(Granted some cases the player would just have to work around, maybe.)

On that same note, ideally there would be a way to remove the suits in the field. As for story, how'd they get back to the ship? We recruited a "go-fer", push the button, work the whisperweed, yell really loud, etc., and the go-fer goes out and gets them. *shrug* It might even make more sense to just to have it as a relic to equip/remove as needed, that would change the command in battle I think, and be a way to remove them as needed. Problem there is I would rather not have them equipable from anywhere, just the ship, and could it put the PC as riding? That would be half the fun of it, stomping around in a tank. With that brings up another issue, if it's possible to set it as a mount, not just in battle, and you equip them from the airship, how do you get off the airship? Is there a way to set a temp disabled mode while on that map without turning the whole thing off?

That turned into a really big project, really fast, with tons of questions. It by no means has to be that freaking big but it would really be something to see, guess I won't have to worry about what to work on next because I've got alot of reading to do, and then...

I'm really open to ideas, advice, suggestions, moral support, free whiskey, or maybe a few good shots to the back of the head with a stick for snowballing a really simple idea. Any of those would be great.

And I must apologize for the wall of text, I ramble way to much.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Magitek Armor equipable from airship - by Catone - 01-17-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Magitek Armor equipable from airship - by Catone - 01-17-2015, 10:50 PM