Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More Commands in Battle

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I've looked at hex way to much today, starting to see hex code on the walls...
Anyway, I went back and played with the Test Patch again. It opens a different window depending on which slot you go to the side from, so there'd almost have to be four seperate, window pulling commands. I think (and I stress THINK) its drawing... say a magic window, then populating it with whatever commands based on where you opened it from. Seems like having four seperate windows would take up to much space for a normal game. That being said, if you could find where/what is called to draw the main character command window (position,4 slot size, everything) then instead of loading the individual character commands into it, load as you said, Fight Magic Item and Row into it. You'd save space by not actually coding a NEW window or curser positions, the normal checks for Magitek, X-Magic, Jump, disable, Etc should still work. Depending on your needs you might need to add a check for Gau or Gogo to disable some or all of it.
I poked around a bit but I didn't find where the main battle command window is called/filled, might have looked right at it and just not actually SEEN it though. After finding that, shouldn't be to much of a task to slap a little extra code in to fill it as needed. Then you'd have your four custom character slots plus another menu that would pop up over it with the default commands.
I could be wrong, and by all means I be happy for someone to fill that idea full of legitimate holes (give me a good reason to not try it! please!). If not, hrm... could be interesting.

*Update* Okay, this one has me stumped for now. I was playing with the idea to edit an under used command like possess to draw a menu containing three or four static commands, including the checks to disable or modify them. Rename the skill to some like "Next Page" and assign it to a character iust like any other skill or replace Def with it. The result would be three variable commands per character then the shared stuff. The more I study on it, not sure if its a practical idea and just kinda not overly fond of it (nor drunk enough to code it)... there is another option though as you said the Test patch adds four rows, then it puts a new menu in each row. To do it in C1 without drawing a new menu in C2 you could make the changes that make each instance of Row or Def (based on what slot you were in when you pushed to the side) jump to a different command. I know it dont take alot of space but the areas those changes are made in are pretty well uncommented that Ive seen which leaves it to trial and error, at least at my skill level (in this case lack there of).

Wow that one got really long and twisted quick, how my train of thought doest derail more often I'll never know.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
More Commands in Battle - by Catone - 01-12-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by cdizzle - 01-14-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by Catone - 01-15-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by SSJ Rick - 01-15-2015, 08:05 PM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by Lockirby2 - 01-15-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by Catone - 01-16-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by GrayShadows - 01-16-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by Catone - 01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by Vanya - 01-21-2015, 06:24 AM
RE: More Commands in Battle - by Catone - 01-21-2015, 12:06 PM