The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Expanded palette hack

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hi.

Some of you may remember me from about a year ago when I posted here.

I don't want to give a long story / excuse, but basically I quit because of a combination of real life drama, and the fact that the hack I was working on had reached a frustrating impasse.

Things have recently gotten to the point where I've gotten interested in ROM hacking again, and have started to get back into it.

Gi Nattak just got in touch with me (after I registered at romhacking.net), and reminded me of the work I'd been doing here. So I've decided I should try to "resolve" things as much as possible.

Now, the code I wrote before was to allow the use of extra colors for PC palettes. This allowed for more freedom in creating sprites for custom PCs.

I had a basically complete and working version, and posted the IPS patch here, calling it a "beta" or something like that.

Then I started to do even more with it, to expand the palette options even more. It was then, working on the more advanced version, that I gave up.

Now, I want to at least release the working version I did have. I want to make it available here and on romhacking.net.

The problem is, I don't have that version of my code anymore. I luckily do have my code still -- I saved it, even though I've switched computers. But it is in a sort of "non-working" state, with new features only half-implemented, so some things look messed up.

I didn't keep a copy of the last stable version. Which was stupid of me.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here downloaded and kept the IPS patch when I posted it.

If so, could you upload it somewhere where I could get access to it? Then I'll try to make it widely available on the internet.

As for completing the even more advanced version I had been working on, I am thinking vaguely about trying to do that. But I cannot make any promises. The thing is, I haven't looked at the code in a long time, and have forgotten a lot. So, it would be difficult to get back into it, and it intimidates me a bit. But I might try to do it. But, like I said, I can't promise anything.

Sorry about dropping out like I did, and I hope someone can help me salvage my old work.

Thanks,
Eggers
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Expanded palette hack - by Eggers - 09-12-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by Gi Nattak - 09-12-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by Eggers - 09-12-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by Gi Nattak - 09-12-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by Eggers - 09-12-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by SSJ Rick - 09-15-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by Eggers - 09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Expanded palette hack - by SSJ Rick - 09-16-2014, 09:20 PM