Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I actually played Mystic Quest several times and beat it about 4 times. Some people dismiss the game as an entry level RPG and a black sheep of the franchise but its simplicity made it a classic. The music in the game was freaking awesome especially the Volcano and Lava Dome.
* What baffled me the most is the Ice Pyramid, I hated that freaking place and I really thought it was the hardest dungeon because it was difficult to navigate and the Falls Basin, the Nagas in there would spam Lullaby to put you asleep.
* The story is very linear and easy to follow, and all the allies your character meets, Reuben is the best because of his ball and chain and Tristam because he gives you the Dragon Claw which causes every status effect in the game. Phoebe is a gifted magic user so thats what makes her the best female.
* To make the game realistic the enemy's sprites change as they are damaged something not done in the Final Fantasy titles, and this was a nice addition.
* Other cool stuff is you could switch your weapon when fighting and magic was divided into white, black and wizard.
* There were also a lot of Mini Bosses in the smaller dungeons and then they would make appearances later on as different regular enemies. Dullahan became Thanatos.
* In the end, I enjoyed playing the game. It kind of paved the way for other Final Fantasy features like dividing up White and Black Magic, the Holy(White) Spell which later became Pearl. It certainly would have been nice had it been fleshed out. To me Mystic Quest is underrated, it is a good game to play and relive the adventure over again.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by Archaic - 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by Archaic - 06-09-2011, 11:11 PM
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by Archaic - 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM
RE: HVGN Review: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - by CrumpledMedal - 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM