Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Woolsey/Slattery Translation Discussion

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
One thing that sticks out in my mind is Cyan and the way he speaks. Slattery has him use Old English exclusively, whereas Woolsey is very inconsistent with the way he speaks. He goes from using "thou" and "thy" one minute, to having many lines where he sounds like any other character. The dialogue between Cyan and Sabin are also more comical because of this, and because of the way the dialogue has been fleshed out.

Angelo, I agree with you about the censorship, but I find that specific patch too literal and bland. Having the most accurate translation doesn't always make it the best. I think something in the middle would be perfect.

Also, I've only glanced at Lina Darkstar's translation, but it is fascinating so far. The script notes document why things should be translated a certain way, what the differences are, etc. I think this is a great resource as well, especially since it was done on a forum, discussions were made, and other people have made corrections (because no one person is perfect).

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woolsey/Slattery Translation Discussion - by pjmcphee87 - 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM