Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
weapon animations and constant spell effects

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
is there a list of weapon animation codes or does anyone know them. I'm specifically looking for the animation for claw weapons.

I am also wondering if there is away to give a character constant spell effects. For instance, where a character would have regen on at all times.

thanks in advance.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
with FF6usME I think there's the option of giving specific pieces of equipment certain abilities, like regen or haste... (I'm not sure, I don't use FF6usME a lot so others can help you better here)

The other way to do this is to inflict regen on a character by means of an event command. Example: Shadow's "dog block" is simply a status given to shadow at some instances in the game. This can be done with regen as well.

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Yes, any piece of equipment in the game can be made to give a character Regen while it's equipped. This is by far the simplest way to achieve what you want.

ADDITIONALLY! If you DO try to give someone Regen via events (like Shadow's Interceptor status), then either you'll have to apply it every time a major event occurs (because most events auto-matically remove all statuses except Interceptor), or you'll have to edit the code that heals all status effects so that it never removes Regen from any character. (There are actually a few different places where this occurs apart from the main command, so you'll need to be really thorough with the event dump if you go this route.)

If you don't understand what that last paragraph meant at all, then you should probably just use equipment. If you understood it a little (and all the implications it has for how the game would play), then I can walk you through the process if you need it.

Status
None
(03-07-2011, 01:53 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: ADDITIONALLY! If you DO try to give someone Regen via events (like Shadow's Interceptor status), then either you'll have to apply it every time a major event occurs (because most events auto-matically remove all statuses except Interceptor), or you'll have to edit the code that heals all status effects so that it never removes Regen from any character. (There are actually a few different places where this occurs apart from the main command, so you'll need to be really thorough with the event dump if you go this route.)

Djinn's right on that one, I forgot about that...all status effects (except magitek and interceptor) are removed during every event. Even going to the inn to sleep is considered as an event, and regen will be removed.

Status
None
(03-07-2011, 01:53 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: ADDITIONALLY! If you DO try to give someone Regen via events (like Shadow's Interceptor status), then either you'll have to apply it every time a major event occurs (because most events auto-matically remove all statuses except Interceptor), or you'll have to edit the code that heals all status effects so that it never removes Regen from any character. (There are actually a few different places where this occurs apart from the main command, so you'll need to be really thorough with the event dump if you go this route.)

If you don't understand what that last paragraph meant at all, then you should probably just use equipment. If you understood it a little (and all the implications it has for how the game would play), then I can walk you through the process if you need it.

I don't really understand that so, I'll work with the item/relic idea. Finger

Is there a way to make relics unequippable? For example, You have a regen ring that can't be removed from a character, therefore he always has regen.

Thank you both for your replies and the sharing of your knowledge!
  Find

Status
None
Characters after Umaro (Umaro, Banon, Leo, The Ghosts, Biggs and Wedge) are all characters that cannot be unequipped, so you can just give them a regen ring and that'll work.

I don't think there's any piece of equipment that, once equipped, will not be removeable (like the Deadly Sword/Armor in Lufia 2)... So, other than going to the actual game and creating a new relic that is unequippable, I don't know Sad

Status
None
(03-07-2011, 11:17 AM)angelo26 Wrote: Characters after Umaro (Umaro, Banon, Leo, The Ghosts, Biggs and Wedge) are all characters that cannot be unequipped, so you can just give them a regen ring and that'll work.

Speaking of Umaro. He has an ability with rage ring equipped that causes him to throw allies at enemies for big damage. I have seen a patch (can't remember whose) that allows Umaro to be completely controllable and select throw as a regular and controlable attack. Is it possible to select that in FF3usme6.7 as a battle menu option? I know there are the regular ones (fight, magic, steal, etc.) but there are also some others that are funny digits as you scroll further down that selectable list.

(03-07-2011, 11:17 AM)angelo26 Wrote: I don't think there's any piece of equipment that, once equipped, will not be removeable (like the Deadly Sword/Armor in Lufia 2)... So, other than going to the actual game and creating a new relic that is unequippable, I don't know Sad

Can you create a whole new Item or relic? If so, do you know how?

Thanks again.
  Find

Status
None
(03-07-2011, 12:56 PM)ribbits Wrote: Speaking of Umaro. He has an ability with rage ring equipped that causes him to throw allies at enemies for big damage. I have seen a patch (can't remember whose) that allows Umaro to be completely controllable and select throw as a regular and controlable attack. Is it possible to select that in FF3usme6.7 as a battle menu option? I know there are the regular ones (fight, magic, steal, etc.) but there are also some others that are funny digits as you scroll further down that selectable list.

Can you create a whole new Item or relic? If so, do you know how?

Thanks again.

Nattak uploaded a patch that makes umaro controllable and I think that when you choose the attack command, there's a probability that umaro will do throw instead of attack (I think - or maybe I'm confusing it with metroidquest's hack).

Oh and about creating the new relic, I meant hex editing the rom so once you equip a relic, it will never ever be removable again. I don't know yet how to do this, though Sad