Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Portraits in Dialog Boxes (Notes)

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Maybe E7 XX relies on something. Maybe it's used online at the end of the game because of something special that allows it to run.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
Just wondering if any more progress was made, or if you know if anyone else is working on it.

Projects like these interest me because I don't want the GBA port to have any advantages over the original. I want the version I'm playing to be the best Smile

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Now that I'm a little more used to handling events, seems like you will need to set this bit Whenever you want to display a portrait.
Code:
1C6 B8:6 Enables the transfer of portrait data during the epilogue

When you're done, the bit is cleared in the event.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
With many months passing since the creation of this topic, have the coders of this forum learned enough to quite possible concoct a patch that can essentially add a portrait to a dialog box based upon a custom or replaced piece of op code? In example, a normal hacker who's modifying the dialog (with this patch idea applied to his rom) adds the op code for portrait and adds a 1-14 number specifying which character it is.
Essentially, it would look like this with "POR4" representing portrait 4, 4 being Edgar.
Code:
<POR4><A4>: Banon!
We brought the girl with us.
[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Status
None
Hello there.

It's been almost 1 year since the last post on this topic ... I suppose there is no progress on a patch yet. Is it possible for someone to pick up this project again and work on a patch?

Thanks!!