Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cyan's uncontrollable actions at Imperial Camp

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I think JCS may be the one who can answer the question?

When kefka poisons the river in Doma, Cyan , Sabin and Shadow battle some imperial soldiers. Cyan cannot be controlled in battle, so I thought this may be event controlled.

But when I went to look at the event script, there's nothing that I could find that makes a character's action automatic. I only found the 4B for calling the battle. Any ideas?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Some of the battle formations have an active event called 'Cyan fights alone' or something like that.

To see this, find the battle formations Cyan fights against. You'll see the event options there.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
So this is controlled by an event, after all. Ok, I'll go look into it. Thanks satoascorpion :p

Status
Lucky-Girl
Make sure to come back here with your findings. I'm eager to know what you find. Wink

Find

Status
None
Yes sir, this may lead to finding a way to create an event battle of golbez/fusoya vs. Zemus (I've had this in mind for quite a while now)

Status
Lucky-Girl
Don't forget that battles in the Coliseum are also auto'd. So if the Cyan Fights Alone event doesn't help, maybe that will?

Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
i'm glad that the boss hacks coming along well, good luck whith it Wink
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah I've found it! It's an event bit! Smile
Sorry I get too excited ha but this is the event bits I found in Novalia Spirit's dump:

034 86:4 Uncontrollable Cyan battle 1 (event bit $1E80($42C) [$1F05, bit 4)
035 86:5 Uncontrollable Cyan battle 2 (event bit $1E80($42D) [$1F05, bit 5)
036 86:6 Uncontrollable Cyan battle 3 (event bit $1E80($42E) [$1F05, bit 6)

Here's a link to get the dump:
http://novaliaspirit.99k.org/ff6/file/ff...t_bits.txt

Do a CTRL F search for "Uncontrollable"

Anyways, you can set this thing anywhere pretty much anywhere Wink
Here's how to set it in a hex editor:

D8, 2C (is the first Uncontrollable battle)
D8, 2D (second)
D8, 2E (third one)

Hope this helps! Oh and once the first battle is complete (or if your just doing 1 battle, that'll work too, just know which event bit you use) make sure you "clear" that event bit with the D9 command in this case. (The bit part is still the same Ex: 'D9, 2C') It could make any future battles screwy, and the game clears it too so definitely do that.

EDIT:
Satoscorpion is correct, I believe. I would test it out, but I can't think of anything else "Cyan fights alone" could refer to. So perhaps this event bit doesn't branch to an offset in the rom and execute some commands to make Cyan uncontrollable...Hmm if that's the case then you might have your work cut out for you. Laugh But this event bit MUST do something lolz :p

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Status
None
(01-27-2011, 06:20 PM)xJCSx Wrote: Ah I've found it! It's an event bit! Smile
Sorry I get too excited ha but this is the event bits I found in Novalia Spirit's dump:

034 86:4 Uncontrollable Cyan battle 1 (event bit $1E80($42C) [$1F05, bit 4)
035 86:5 Uncontrollable Cyan battle 2 (event bit $1E80($42D) [$1F05, bit 5)
036 86:6 Uncontrollable Cyan battle 3 (event bit $1E80($42E) [$1F05, bit 6)

Here's a link to get the dump:
http://novaliaspirit.99k.org/ff6/file/ff...t_bits.txt

Do a CTRL F search for "Uncontrollable"

Anyways, you can set this thing anywhere pretty much anywhere Wink
Here's how to set it in a hex editor:

D8, 2C (is the first Uncontrollable battle)
D8, 2D (second)
D8, 2E (third one)

Hope this helps! Oh and once the first battle is complete (or if your just doing 1 battle, that'll work too, just know which event bit you use) make sure you "clear" that event bit with the D9 command in this case. (The bit part is still the same Ex: 'D9, 2C') It could make any future battles screwy, and the game clears it too so definitely do that.

EDIT:
Satoscorpion is correct, I believe. I would test it out, but I can't think of anything else "Cyan fights alone" could refer to. So perhaps this event bit doesn't branch to an offset in the rom and execute some commands to make Cyan uncontrollable...Hmm if that's the case then you might have your work cut out for you. Laugh But this event bit MUST do something lolz :p

I'm slowly bringing back JCS to the hacking community, lol :p

Event commands like F0 (Play a song) can be found in the C0 bank dissasembly
http://slickproductions.org/docs/FF6/Ban...sembly.txt

The code for the command D8 is
Code:
Set Event Bit 4
(gen. act. D8)
C0/B61F:    A5EB        LDA $EB        
C0/B621:    20EDBA      JSR $BAED
C0/B624:    B9001F      LDA $1F00,Y
C0/B627:    1FFCBAC0    ORA $C0BAFC,X
C0/B62B:    99001F      STA $1F00,Y
C0/B62E:    A902        LDA #$02
C0/B630:    4C5C9B      JMP $9B5C

My question is still: How does the game know to make cyan uncontrollable? Still looking for more info...

Threads: 14
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Lol yeah I'm just glad to be able to get on the forums. But concerning your question, this is what the game normally does for "sequence" event bits. But in this case, this was not executed for these bits. I'll explain shortly.
The event bit at Figaro is a good example.
After you talk to the Matron at Figaro, it sets an event bit that makes it where if you go back to the throne room in Figaro that King Edgar will be there. But remember how he left the throne room once you talked to him for the first time? Well this is how this plays out...
Now of course just setting a supposed event bit doesn't make the game know what to do. So what it does is uses an "If" statement.
It'll ask "If event bit XXXXX has been set, branch to XXXX."
And then what follows is a series of events that do stuff for that event bit.
In this case, it would take Edgar's sprite or object, use a $D5 command to place him back in the throne room. But you wouldn't see this execute, of course. The game justs "asks" that after the bit has been set.
So that way, once you get done with talking to the matron and go to the throne room, Edgar is there. The cool thing is all the background stuff.
But anyways it would be easy in normal circumstances to just search for the sequence in the event dump for that "If" statement that follows with code to make Cyan uncontrollable.
However, these operations are not 'Bank C commands.' It's in a different "mode" so to speak.
So you won't find an "If" statement concerning that event bit in the Event Dump. I scanned the "C" Disassemblies but anything concerning the such wasn't there or hasn't been recognized/translated to syntax yet.
What I recommend is asking Leno or someone at SlickProductions on how to go about this. But definitely try out that 'enemy set' that Cyan battles the guards at and fiddle in FF3usME using that "Cyan fights alone" operand.
I wish I could be of more help ha but this isn't exactly Bank C commands.
And I could be wrong - there might not be an "If" statement for this event bit. But like you stated, there's then no way for the game to know what to do to make Cyan uncontrollable, so an "If" statement must be somewhere, yet in a different mode.

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find