Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How do I know if a rom is corrupt?

Status
None
I know the program ff3ed or whatever its called corrupts roms according to Zeemis.SO how would I be able to tell if the rom is actually corrupt without having to do a trial and error test first?8]

Also can an IPS patch be corrupt?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
well...the easiest way I'd say is to just run the game...if for any reason the game suddenly crashes or restarts itself...your game is corrupt. FF3ED doesn't just corrupt a game...it kills it completely; the latest version of FF3usME can do everything that FF3ED could, only it can also do so much more.
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Always backup before you try something new. I made this mistake and all my new events and enemies.

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-22-2010, 11:25 AM)Ren sama Wrote: well...the easiest way I'd say is to just run the game...if for any reason the game suddenly crashes or restarts itself...your game is corrupt. FF3ED doesn't just corrupt a game...it kills it completely; the latest version of FF3usME can do everything that FF3ED could, only it can also do so much more.

Almost everything. It can't map edit or change the font Wink Although of coarse there are other, better programs to do that.

Remember that once you use FF3ED, and save, you can never use FF3usME's wonderful dialog editor. I got away with using FF3ED for a good while before it corrupted my ROM. It can do it in different ways, and irreversibly change random code, for instance it created a bug with the Rage list, and destroyed my mini-map. The worst being where it would turn the overworld map black, and the reseting once in or after a battle. Like conflicting patches.

So what I'm saying, is just because it would not appear that corruption has took place, it very well might have somewhere in the ROM.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Ok thanks everone now could a IPS file be corrupt at all?

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
no ips files themselves cannot be corrupt

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Ok just for the sake of NOT making 3 posts so quickly I have one more question, whats the purpose of having a rom with or without a "header"? I know many patches need a rom with no header.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-23-2010, 08:59 PM)ivinsjames Wrote: Ok just for the sake of NOT making 3 posts so quickly I have one more question, whats the purpose of having a rom with or without a "header"? I know many patches need a rom with no header.

This link explains what a header is, and how to apply and erase it.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=17597.0

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Cool Nattak thank you and everyone else too.