Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is This Safe? (FF3ED Question)

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys I was wanting to really insert a custom font in my game, specifically Comic Sans MS.
I saw how in FF3ED you can insert your own fonts, as well as create your own but at the same time, I've heard alot about it corrupting your ROM.
So what I'm asking is this: 

Is it safe to JUST insert a custom font? 

Or will that too corrupt the game? I'm really bad at noticing when a ROM is borked (just ask nattak haha) so yeah that's what I was wondering.
Thanks in advance guys!
xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
You may actually be able to insert in the rom two diffferent types of fonts: The font used by the game's dialogue and such; and the font used for the menu.

Zeemis has a video on the YY-CHR utility that will show you how to change the menu's font. For the dialogue font, I've heard that FF3ED corrupts one of the world maps (WOB or WOR). I tried working on the font once, and it corrupted the opening dialogue of Biggs, Wedge and Terra.

Best of luck with this :p

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
even changing the font can mess your rom up, I think it messes up the mini map on the WOB map

other then that, the yychr thing only edits menu font unfortunately =/

but on the bright side I spoke with Lord J a long time ago and suggested he implement a font editor and it looks like it might be installed in the next version of usme

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
CooL! Well I'll just be patient I suppose, and the YYCHR is pretty cool Tongue
Man you speak to Lord J a good bit, ha I wish he could incorporate a search feature in his dialogue editor, b/c some of the text isn't in chronological order, which is understandable due to pointers Wink

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
very true but don't sweat it man just have a bit more patience Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
His dialog editor may not have a search feature, but it -does- has an import/export feature...

So you can just export the whole file, and then open up notepad or word and search there!

Status
None
Ah you're a genius, Tonic! I wish I was smart like that, lolz.
xJCSx

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You can thank me with a new update on your event-editing FAQ~

-Djinn

Status
None
Ha I've been at that all day, including the video Poco wanted me to make.I'm still uploading the videos to 4shared but I'll have those all done by 10 o'clock today hopefully Smile
And concerning the written one, I'll have it updated sometime tomorrow Smile You have my word. there's just so many new updates and stuff I've learned now, it's taking a while :p
xJCSx

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Why don't you upload those to your youtube channel? You have a youtube account?