Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Meeple Fantasy VI Patch

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the chars in this hack look terrible I'm sorry

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
This is the super-ancient version of Meeple Fantasy 6, please don't play this.

Meeple Fantasy 6 is NOT intended for outsiders to play. It's dense with in-jokes for our RPG community and not everyone is going to get most of the references.

By the way, I'm Meeple's new Sprite artist, so yes, a lot of my sprites are in this hack.

I'm actually working on a variation of this for public release and that is why I'm in this community. It's getting a full overhaul with some new PCs and updated story.

If you want to play the current version of MF6 (not for outsiders, but whatever), please go HERE:
http://www.rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php?titl..._Fantasy_6

There are some bugs, unfortunately.

Alternately, you could wait for me to finish the remake.
Wow... I just played it and it's even older than I thought.

What graveyard did you dig this relic out of?

Seriously, play the version I uploaded on my RPGDL wiki page.

Status
None
nice man I'll look into that

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(11-04-2010, 02:16 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: This is the super-ancient version of Meeple Fantasy 6, please don't play this.

Meeple Fantasy 6 is NOT intended for outsiders to play. It's dense with in-jokes for our RPG community and not everyone is going to get most of the references.

By the way, I'm Meeple's new Sprite artist, so yes, a lot of my sprites are in this hack.

I'm actually working on a variation of this for public release and that is why I'm in this community. It's getting a full overhaul with some new PCs and updated story.

If you want to play the current version of MF6 (not for outsiders, but whatever), please go HERE:

I never knew this hack existed until I came across videos on youtube from XolarDark. He was the one to give me the patch.Confused

Your characters look way better in your version, Djinn. The esper do not teach spells in this version? Or you're working on that?
Ad it looks like you used a beta version of FF6USME because of the "??????" attacks of Biggs and Wedge when riding MagiTek armor (they should be blank).
But I'll be looking forward to this hack, I'll update the description with your version.

Threads: 33
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-04-2010, 02:16 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: This is the super-ancient version of Meeple Fantasy 6, please don't play this.

I had a feeling it was yours! Laugh

Status
None
MF6's stats, monsters, coding, script, etc (anything not related to graphics) are entirely Meeple's domain. Espers were intentionally made not to teach spells because Esper spell-learning is not only game-breaking, but it goes against the idea of the PCs having unique skillsets to match their abilities from their home games. Most skills are weapon-learned or innately-learned.

And yes, pretty sure that Meeple used the beta version of FF3usME.

My contributions to MF6 are minimal - I made all of the new sprites (every sprite except Fayt, Mog, and Ryu(BoF5)), and did some hex-editing to change which NPC sprites appear in specific story sequences.

I had a lot of fun working on it, so I asked Meeple if it was okay if I used his hack as a base to make my own Crossover FF6 with a bunch of PCs from other RPGs.

My version features a LOT more hex-editing to the battle system and story sequences than MF6, as well as a bunch of cast changes and a more accessible script that doesn't randomly reference a bunch of obscure games. It's got a lot of similarities to MF6, but at this point the differences are so vast I'd consider it a separate game.

As an example: Even though I'm still using Yuri from Shadow Hearts for Locke, I've changed his skillset from a renamed set of Blitzes to a modified Dance skillset that uses various different skills from Yuri's fusions and levels up as the game goes on and certain sets are only available in the late portions of the game to keep them useful (unlike Mog's Dances, which you should never be using outside of the WoB).

At the moment, since I'm still doing things like redesigning monsters, my hack isn't in a playable format, so I was hoping to keep things a little secret until it was closer to ready. >.>;;

Status
None
I look forward to checking this out

-HNIC

Threads: 30
Status
None
I just started this hack and have some suggestions/noticings.
1- Use your own Ryu sprite Djinn. The current one looks like a recolor and just wet the carpet.
2- Some monster sprites are broken.
3- Lenneth needs to be uploaded to the site.
4- Yuri doesn't learn dances.
5- Yuri looks like the 10th degeneration of The Doctor Smile
6- Some sprites, like Edgar's replacement use more than 12 colors.
7- The item icons are extremely vague.

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Status
None
I'm sorry if I was unclear.

There are three 'versions' being talked about here:
The first is the old copy of Meeple Fantasy 6 - Meeple's game that XolarDark sent out which no one should ever play ever.
The second one is the newest version of Meeple Fantasy 6 which has a lot of tweaks to make it playable, and new sprites for many characters made by me. I -can't- use my Ryu3 sprite because the Ryu in MF6 is Ryu5. Also, MF6 Yuri learns Blitzes.
The third one is MY hack, which is based on Meeple Fantasy 6, but has all of those awesome changes I mentioned, like Yuri getting a modified Dance skillset to represent his Fusions. This version is NOT YET AVAILABLE as it is a major overhaul and is still in-progress.

Note that both MF6 Yuri and My Yuri are based on Shadow Hearts 1, which is why he wears a trenchcoat instead of skintight black leather pants. It has nothing to do with the Doctor.

Also, Edgar/Fayt is one of the few sprites that I didn't care about, so I left it as Meeple's original (old) sprite, which is why it's messed up. Any sprite I personally made was designed to fit the guidelines.

Meeple is not exactly an artist, but he designed a very balanced game that does a great job paying homage to a ton of RPGs. Of course, Meeple may be the only person on the planet who has actually -played- all of the RPGs he's referenced. He has a lot of obscure stuff, like Brigandine and Hoshigami.

Threads: 33
Status
None