Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palette Editing Tutorial (outdated)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-16-2012, 02:10 AM)Madsiur Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 01:55 AM)NitroHedgehog Wrote: One last question...What are the offsets for the other characters?

Check the palette location document I posted in this thread. All the assignations are there.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!!! Laugh
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Ok. New here, both to this forum and hex editing. I've been able to change the palettes in a number of places with the information provided here. However, I am still having problems in some places.

I used the palette locations document to edit a number of characters out of battle palette numbers. For the most part it worked pretty well. Where I seem to have problems is before characters actually join the party, their sprites are still using the default palette numbers. Like when you first meet Edgar in Figaro Castle, and Shadow in South Figaro. So are the palettes for those places not listed in the palette document because they are NPC's at the time? If so how do I change them?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
those particular palettes are technically NPC versions of the characters (at least how the game reads it) you need to edit those via the level editor, when controlling them though they should be assigned the palette you assigned them

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-17-2013, 11:58 AM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: those particular palettes are technically NPC versions of the characters (at least how the game reads it) you need to edit those via the level editor, when controlling them though they should be assigned the palette you assigned them

I would add to that that you need to change them on every map the character (as an NPC) appear, because even if it's the same character, it's a different NPC.

Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Thanks guys found the Level Editor in the tools.

Wow, I have a lot of work to do. It seems characters become NPC's a lot more than I would have thought.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
guys i need help here, i loss my entire weekend try to edit the overworld palettes of 4 characters, i dont used custom palletes at all i recolored them with the palettes that the game gave to me , now its the problem. i readed and again readed and try and fail and fail and fail again. im about to throw my computer out the window, can u help me please guys, here are some phottos:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png/

https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png/

as u can see, in pic 1 i want palette 0 in OVERWORLD palette just like his battle palette
in pic 2, i need palette 0 in overworld too

i got this problem with 4 modified characters i got, with celes i need palette 2 (overworld) and she is in palette 0, and strago too, i need palette 5 (overworld) and he is in 3.

please guys please, help me im about to loose my brain.

PD: srry about my english
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
(08-25-2013, 03:34 AM)mb777 Wrote: as u can see, in pic 1 i want palette 0 in OVERWORLD palette just like his battle palette
in pic 2, i need palette 0 in overworld too

i got this problem with 4 modified characters i got, with celes i need palette 2 (overworld) and she is in palette 0, and strago too, i need palette 5 (overworld) and he is in 3.

You are going to have to hex edit a bit you change a character's palette to someone else's palette in the game. The palettes are always altered by events as well so some characters will have to be changed a few times. Keep in mind some characters are NPCS before they join you as well. Which characters are you changing and to what palette?

For example.. lets say you are changing Celes

CELES

Celes is an NPC for a few scenes, but remains with the party for a while. She uses sprite 0x06 with
palette 0x00.

CA:8708 0x06
CA:870B 0x00

Change the 00 to a different palette like 03.. --->>> CA:870B 0x03 and change her palette in the Rogue Level Editor for when shes an npc
  Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
What in the sam hell do i search for where when and why? I have never used hex before

I have a headered rom
I want to change Setzer's overworld pallete(4) to 3

Can someone explain exactly step by step what to do?
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Why can't you just use FF3usME?

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Given: 5