Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Expanding Names and Renaming

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Has any of these improvements been added to FFUSME yet? It would seem I do need them for my project. Either that or I'm simply going to need to learn how

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
unfortunately no, the request has been submitted but not much is known after that, he hasn't really touched usme really

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-08-2013, 10:38 AM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: Has any of these improvements been added to FFUSME yet?

Such changes require ASM hacking. Usually FF3usME deals with the game data.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I spoke to LordJ about implementing these changes with the next new version of FF6usME several times in the past. I have not heard from him in the longest time now.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Status
None
(06-08-2013, 04:49 PM)Angelo Wrote: I spoke to LordJ about implementing these changes with the next new version of FF6usME several times in the past. I have not heard from him in the longest time now.

Does he have a YouTube channel or email address?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
his email address is on his page

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
My last email exchange with LordJ was on April of 2012...

Quote:Hey Angelo,

The patch looks great, from the look of it, it's rock solid not having any bug for the last months.

I haven't started the new FF3usME yet.

Lord J

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You should use a bigger font Angelo...

What I'm curious about now is what changes exactly Lord J is ready to take from your patch. Having the possibility to have longer names that are in the ROM is cool, but I doubt everyone would like to have their items, spells and Espers renamed. If I remember right, there was still some issues with your patch, such has the re-equip window in the battle menu... correct me if I'm wrong.

My previous post was about longer character names. While longer names in general require smalls ASM modifications, longer characater names require bigger ASM work because you need to reorganize the SRAM because the names are saved in it. Nobody except the PB team achieved that and to be honest I doubt this feature will make it way into the next FF3usME release.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Status
None
Having the ability to rename/expand spell and item names would be a nice feature, but I fall in that minority, I'm sort of a purist that way (speaking Japanese and all, and playing the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VI). The actual character names I'm fine with though. But yeah, who knows what LordJ is up to these days.
  Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
I simply need to lengthen spell, item, and esper names for my project. I know not the first thing about ASM or hex editing.

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find