Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
It's cool, it's better to have a thread open so everyone can learn a thing or two about some of this stuff.

3D Create Object 00
3D Create Object 0E
3D Create Object 0F
These are indeed Terra, Biggs, & Wedge, but it's not their graphics. An "Object" is a character or NPC's routine for an event. So when it is "creating an object", or $3D, it is creating the base for what will be that characters event.

What you want is here:
CC/9948: 44 Place character $00 (Actor in stot 0) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
CC/994B: 44 Place character $0E (Actor in stot 14) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
CC/994E: 44 Place character $0F (Actor in stot 15) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
This is where it loads what character is on the Narshe Cliffs.

(Here's a small list)
"Character "$00" is Terra
"Character "$01" is Locke
"Character "$02" is Cyan
"Character "$03" is Shadow
"Character "$04" is Edgar
"Character "$05" is Sabin
"Character "$06" is Celes
"Character "$07" is Strago
"Character "$08" is Relm
"Character "$09" is Setzer
"Character "$10" is Mog
"Character "$11" is Gau
"Character "$12" is Gogo
"Character "$13" is Umaro
And the rest are NPC's.

Etc. Etc.

I will try and finish this list sometime, but for now you will have to experiment with higher numbers and see who they are. Just keep in mind that only the main characters have a complete set of animations.

OK! So now look for the "$44" which is of coarse the "Place character" command.
So the string of hex that is @ the CC/9948 offset "44,00,40" is telling the game to Load Terra, in Magitek armor. (The $40 after the 00 is of coarse the Magitek armor.) Other options are on foot, on Chocobo, and I believe even the raft as well.

"$0E" is the Begin action queue for character command. So "0E,00" would be the first part of how you would move, or animate Terra.

"The give GP to party command is $84 like you say. One example from the dump is:
$84 give 3000GP to party

Now of coarse in the hex editor it is not going to say "84,3000" But the following bytes after the $84 byte, IS how much gold the $84 will give you. I'm not going to give you a list of what number = how much gold, but mess around a little with different byte figures for the 2n'd byte after the "$84" and possibly even the 3rd byte, to try and get different amounts of gold. Just make backups of you ROM before doing it.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
niceness man I think there is a more complete list of this on J's site

if I can find it I'll send it 2 u

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah man I hate to have to backtrack so much but I'm having trouble finding that offset with the 44,00,40 hex bytes. I opened Windhex, set everything to SNES-HiROM and then went to that offset C9948, but it didn't find the exact offset, so I used a Hex calculator and came out with C9B4B. It sent me to these automatic hexes: 44,00,C0, 44,0E,C0 44,0F,C0. I'm not sure if those are right because that last hex should be a 40 from what you were saying. So then I backtracked to C9948 and went up a few times and did a hex search for 44,00,40 and it sent me to some D offset so I know that's definitely wrong..man I don't know why I'm so bad at this..but if I'm reading everything right, there is no C9948 offset in my windhex..it goes like this:
CC9940
CC9950
CC9960
and so on..do you know the exact placement of those hex strings?
Really sorry I'm goin backwards now:/

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Miang and Cloud? Do you mean 'Terra' and 'Locke'? LOL

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
Haha I didn't even notice that Sato lol. But dude do you know where the exact offset that Nattak was talking about is? I just can't find it, but tell me if you figure anything out! Thanks!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Sorry man, the only hex exiting I've done is doing the in-battle event dialog.... before it was editable in usME. I haven't had the time to learn anymore.

I'm sure Nattak will give you the info you need.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
Oh yea that's perfectly fine ha I'm super new to it too but thanks anyways

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(10-04-2010, 12:27 PM)Satoascorpion Wrote: Miang and Cloud? Do you mean 'Terra' and 'Locke'? LOL
Whoops, yeah I do >_< I've been playing and working on my hack for so long now, I have trouble remembering all the original names for everything.

Anyways, JCS, "but it didn't find the exact offset"
It should, I just tried. I might sound if I'm repeating somethings you have already done, no matter. Make sure you are in Hi-ROM, then Go to "Search" then "Goto to Offset" then enter "C9948."
Now, look all the way on the bottom of the editor window.
You should see Dec, Hex, Bin, and offset. The offset should say "000C9948"

And just to clarify, when you're searching for hex bytes, you're not putting comma's in between the bytes, right? I'm pretty sure you're not, but just in case.

Also.. I just tryed to find the address myself in the hex editor, and I forgot one byte of hex in that string, AND I was using my hacked ROM and the bytes are changed in that scene >_<.
Opening up a clean ROM I find these bytes @:C9C8A, which is where the ACTUAL address is. I don't know how one would get that from C9948, all I know is it's just 1 screen up from the one stated in the event dump, and that it has to do with subtracting 0xBFFE00. Like I say, I don't need to do that to find addresses. Anyways heres the bytes @:C9C8A...

"44, 00, C0,"
So "$C0" must be the Magitek Armor, "$44" is of coarse Place character, and "$00" is of coarse, Miang... I mean Terra. XD
In my hack the "$C0" byte is "$AB" Which is a Chocobo =p

So that's why the confusion, and you should be able to find that exact offset. It exists.
So what you want to do to sum this question up, is search for the offset found in the event dump, press up ONE time (go up one whole screen) and then search for 44, 00, C0, It should then be staring you right in the face. XD

Status
None
Ha don't worry bout the name issue sounds like a great game though!
Anyways I think it all worked but I'm not sure if this is an issue that you've had but in the offset containing 44, 00, C0, i can pretty much make terra in anything - chocobo, magitek armor, on foot, raft, but the weird thing is if I even change the 00 hex to any of the characters you listed (like 06 for Celes) it'll just load up Terra on foot, even if I had the command to load her on chocobo...is it just that you can't change the sprites at that particular part of the game or am I still doing something wrong? Lol I went to that C9C8A offset and it was indeed 44,00,C0 but it whenever I edited anything it didn't take effect on the Narshe Cliffs scene. So then I did what you said on the bottom of your reply and went to the offset C9948, went up 1 once and searched for 44,00,C0 (no commas Wink ) and it took me to this offset's coordinates: (thanks for clearing up my confusion with the offset values btw)
CA056
And I edited the C0 command to AB and loaded up ZSNES and it worked perfectly with terra on a chocobo. And I used another clean rom for the CA056 offset btw so I'm not sure what's up but I do know that going to C9C8A DOES bring me to a string of hex w/ 44,00,C0 but it never did anything on the Narshe Cliffs scene. Yea I guess I'm kinda repeating myself lol sry but I don't know what's up really but I just can't place any other sprite in the 00 hex so yea..But if the C9C8A offset is correct (probably is) then I'm not sure why none of my commands took effect...
But thanks for sticking with me this long Nattak ha I ask too many questions probably lol (that's what all my teachers say:p)

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
At first I though maybe this might have something to do with it: CC/991B: 3C Set up the party as follows: $0E (Actor in stot 14), $0F (Actor in stot 15), $00 (Actor in stot 0), $FF ()
Address = "C9B1B"

It was a bit earlier in the event you were editing. But still I couldn't get anyone besides Terra to show up.
So I searched around more in the dump (lol) and found this:

CA/5E34: 7F Change character $00's name to $1D (????? )
CA/5E37: 40 Assign properties $00 to character $00 (Actor in stot 0)
CA/5E3A: 3D Create object $00
CA/5E3C: 3F Assign character $00 (Actor in stot 0) to party 1
CA/5E3F: 37 Assign graphics $00 to object $00 (Actor in stot 0)
CA/5E42: 43 Assign palette $02 to character $00 (Actor in stot 0)

Thats right before the scene, it's assigning Miang's graphics & Palette, as you can see. I thought for sure this would do it, so I tried changing all of that to Locke's. But it is still Miang. So right now, I'm not sure what's up. I will figure it out tomorrow, and if I/we still can't, then I'll ask good ol' Lenophis.