Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME v.6.5 Error

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey all, well I have FF3usME version 6.5. However, whenever I click Single Monster Editor, and then Click Battle Scripts, I get an error saying:
There is a bug in the Mag Roader Script, FF3usME cannot continue without repairing it. Will you let FF3usME fix this bug?
I click yes and all's perfect, so I proceeded editing my monster's stats and so forth and finally when I wished to test it out, I clicked save and closed the program. Later on, I reopened it and whenever I went to Battle Scripts, I was faced with the previous error again. I was a little unsure about the program then but just clicked "Yes" again and it "fixed" the bug. However, here's what really ticked me off. All my previously edited monster scripts were back to default and not like I had edited them earlier!
So once I cooled down, I just tested it out again, just really quick to see if it would always do this again and it does! I edited my Guard to use the Spell Fire on his script page, saved, closed program, and re-launched only to be faced with the bug once more, and, as I expected, my guards stats were set to default.
I'm really not sure why it's doing this, I'm running Windows 7 but I have the Compatibility Mode set to Windows Service Pack 2 (I've tried all three actually to no avail) and have ran it as Administrator.
I even tested the program on my brother's Windows XP Computer and it did the exact same thing! I'm really hating this right now, but any insight as to what I need to do is GREATLY appreciated. I'm also using a FF3 ROM (1.0) downloaded from Zeemis via his Youtube Channel.

Thanks in advance.
xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm not sure why it's doing that. Try expanding the ROM if you have not already. I remember getting that Error with the Mag Roader Script, when using a fresh ROM. But after saving it did disappear. And while this doesn't have anything to do with it, A newer version of ME is out, found on Lord J's website here: http://www.angelfire.com/pq/jumparound/d..._Beta2.zip

The only other suggestion I have is to try a different ROM's. One with a header, one without, version 1.0, version 1.1. And just make sure after you make a change in the script, you press "OK", and then "SAVE."
do very small tests to make sure it is working first before you put in a bunch of work. For instance try changing the Narsh Guards attack to Ultima, then press OK and SAVE, then test it out. It SHOULD work, there is no reason for it not to be saving.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Status
None
Oh thanks so much Nattack, I'm an idiot! I would always apply the bug fix but forgot to Save ha. And yeah I'll get version 6.60 definitely, I've had so many more errors before but thanks Smile

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
honestly 6.7 is the way 2 go Wink

hopefully J is gonna make the final beta 4 6.7 soon Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
WOW! High number!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;