Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palette Help

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I am working on a hack that has every character use their own unique palette, just like their portraits. I understand that I need to hex edit characters to use a different palette than their default.
I see in FF3usSpriteEd V1.1 the available palettes are 0 through 29.

My question is, are all of these palettes used in game, and if so which sprites use them? If not which are used?

EDIT: It would appear that 7 through 29 are unused. Can anyone confirm this?
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Take a look at this as an example:
http://www.simulationnation.com/zeemis/f...hp?tid=496
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the problem is over world and battle are 2 different sets

most of them cannot be used period due to the fact that they are being used 4 either monster, town, or spell palettes (which is why technically there are over 40 palettes respectively)

u can however use palette 7 (for battle) and palette 9 (for over world) u need to set these palettes 2 have the same color and hex edit a char to have both 7 and 9

but what u want to do to put it bluntly cannot be done, period, due to the program's limitations it simply cant happen

your best way is to edit the colors in the way I showed in the help thread, otherwise idk what 2 tell u

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
So only 7 and nine are available. Originally I was going to recreate Suikoden characters, but I may have to rethink that.

If anyone is interested you can see my wip here.
  Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
how did u become V1.1 i dont have it.....

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Status
None
I noticed that the last 4 colors are being used, that's going 2 mess your character up in battle

other then that, the order seems to be right for the most part (I recommend adding the 2 tones before the skin colors as his hair colors (blond)) other then that, for his hair style take a look @ Arvis (the NPC) and his hair is strikingly similar, and will give you really decent results

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
thats why brendans glitches up nooooooooo that meaNS I MUST DO ALL FROM THE BEGINNING NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:

Status
None
thats how you learn though

u make mistakes and then learn from them

-HNIC

Status
None
but...... now i must do it from the BEGINNING! *takes sword and killed himself*X.X

Status
None
Yeah I realized I've been using the last four colors. So I restarted my work. Version 2.

I got V1.1 of FF3usSpriteEd from Lord J's site here.
  Find