Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
All Things Event Hacking

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
(01-08-2012, 08:38 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Here's the most complete event commands document I've found. All the commands are there and they are well explained. I decided to upload it because I don't know where it comes from, who created it and mostly because it's a valuable document.

If the author of the document recognize himself please let me know because I could give full credit to the author and maybe post the original link instead. I haven't found a link to this document anywhere on the net (and I've searched a lot). The closest thing that comes  close to this document is the event command part of FF3info.txt .I believe this is a "must have" for any event writer/creator.

Download

Edit: Download link updated due to megaupload closing

Is this file available elsewhere? I'd love to get my hands on it.

Also the Novalia links are dead...

Lastly, @Gi Nattak: I don't really understand your explanation on how to load maps over #99, can you provide a specific example? Like how would I load map #105, for instance?

This thread is invaluable btw.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Lockirby recently did the most complete event command document here on the wiki: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:doc:game

here's a link to Novalia Spirit's patches:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwuai9i6jm7heok/ff6.7z?dl=0

As for his documents those can be found on the wiki as well.

The selecting maps over 100, the main thing is the very last sentence:
"Basically, if you want to use maps 100-19F, set the lowest bit of the third byte."

So 6B XX YY, the first 3 bytes of the load map command, the YY is the byte you'd want to change, you'd want to increase the second value of the 3rd byte by 1, so for instance 6B 05 05 would be loading map 105. If it was 6B 05 04, it would be map 05...I think. Anyways, look at examples in the event dump document (once you get a hold of it) at maps loaded that are under 100, the second value of the third byte is 04, and maps #100+ it is 05. The first value of the 3rd byte is used for various flags.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • FF6Fanatic (06-02-2016)

Status
None
Thanks, I got all documents plus the event dump from Imzogelmo's site. The Novalia patches were a nice bonus, too.

I understand your explanation now. That very last bit (second value of 3rd byte) is set to 04 for maps 0-99, and 05 for those 100 and above. So, like loading map #128 would be 6B 28 05.

I'm making a full list of which bytes correspond to which maps,

00: WOB OVERWORLD
01: WOR OVERWORLD
02: SERPENT TRENCH CUTSCENE
03: ???
04: ???
05: FALCON, OUTSIDE
06: FALCON, OUTSIDE
07: FALCON, BLACKJACK ROOM
08: FALCON, INDOORS ???
09: STORY SELECT SCREEN (Locke, Terra/Banon/Edgar, Sabin)
10: CHOCOBO STABLE
11: FALCON, DECK
12: NARSHE, OVERLOOKING CLIFF (Magitek Terra/Vicks/Wedge)
13: NARSHE, OUTSIDE
14: NARSHE, OUTSIDE
15: NARSHE, OUTSIDE
16: NARSHE BATTLEFIELD
17: NARSHE, NORTHERN PEAK (first scene of introduction)

Is there a full list somewhere?
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
If you open Zone Doctor or FF6LE all the maps should be in there... I think one or the other uses Hex notation, so it should be a straight copy, if they are in decimal, then they just need to be converted.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah I was using Zone Doctor *and* mixing up decimals with hex. FF6LE does give the hex notation, thanks. I also got the tutorial on the wiki by xJCSx, it's very easy to follow. I'm all set now.
  Find