Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Full cast of original characters + some vanilla sprites remade

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
Hi. Here are some of the spritework I'll be using in a romhack project that I've been slowly working on for some 1~2 years. I'm particularly very proud of some of these, as I consider them to have near original-game levels of quality. They all use vanilla palettes too.

So, in this romhack, yet unnamed, the party will be reduced to 12 characters. 8 of them are original characters created by me. The other 4 are Gau, Mog, Umaro and Gogo, but with new sprites (work in progress). NPC's will also receive new sprites.

Anyway, here's some of the stuff already made, alongside a basic description for the original characters...

Name: Lucia
Description: Young girl, lightning magic user, amneasic, etc. You already know.

[Image: wKkFdF6.png]

Name: Victor
Description: Leader of a revolutionary/terrorist-like movement. Hates the empire and rich people in general. 

[Image: jziUKZ9.png]

Name: Thales
Description: Young king of Figaro. Being a very altruistic, calm and prudent martial artist, he tries to always find non-violent solutions for conflicts.

[Image: LLRShID.png]

Name: Vance
Description: Victor's Brother. Has a cynical and sarcastic personality. Proficient at pickpocketing expensive jewelry, which he wears alosingside his fine and elegant clothes (as elegant as snes can render).

[Image: IXBcK5Y.png]

Name: Eryn
Description: Shady gambler and charlatan who travels the world, recklessly lying and deceiving anyone for money.

[Image: NvNtv37.png]

Name: Rhaes
Description: Haven't figured out yet. Maybe a dangerous criminal or a knight of some sort.

[Image: ulZ0xjc.png]

Name: Margot
Description: An empire general with many years of experience who becomes a traitor and joins the rebels.

[Image: KZTA2wV.png]

Name: Argos
Description: Genius engineer who has worked for the empire for most of his life. Owns an airship designed all by himself. Is overly proud of his intellect. Gets easily enraged.

[Image: qjZ03ze.png]

Name: Gau

[Image: P0gdobL.png]

Name: Gogo

[Image: JcIN6n2.png]

Name: Kefka

[Image: 9oV5dkO.png]

Keep in mind that I'm constantly polishing these graphics, sometimes even starting from scratch (the feather hat girl has some 6 entirely different versions that were created before I reached something I liked, lol). Even now, at this exact moment, there are a lot of things here that I'm still not totally satisfied with.

So, if you plan to use any of these sprites in your own project, give me the credits, please. You can get them at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...dUllStkL75

In this link you'll find the most up to date files with a palette bar at the top too.

Also, none of the portraits have been done yet. I'll be sure to post them here when they eventually get made.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
X-Zone
Wow, these are fantastic. Amazing work!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
hey these sprites are pretty good, you have a lot of potential keep it up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
As a sprite rookie These are really encouraging! I love the Gau redesign. Gives home more of a Wild man living off the land in harmony with the animals vibe. I also love that you gave both brothers such different personalities. I'm taking the slow boat to a Fractured Reality concept with what I wanna do with ff6 and I am excited for your game.

Seeing someone be bold gives me courage to be bold too.

Also these are great designs. I don't see beards a lot! Argos looks amazing.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Fushikio for this post:
  • tomilho (12-26-2023)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 8
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I don't know why but some characters are so Jojoesque. Congratulations. Nice sprites and the char presentation prelude to an interesting retelling of the story
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gens for this post:
  • tomilho (12-26-2023)