Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI - A Soldier's Continengcy

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: 9GlxARM.png]

Well, After 5-years of hard work - it's finally that time.  Thanks to many of you here who helped make this hack become a reality, it is finally done!  Really, I could not have gotten this far without this community!

For all who don't know, A Soldier’s Contingency is a comprehensive gameplay and expansion hack for FFVI, based on the wonderful hack by Fedorajoe/Fauntleroy titled the “General Leo Edition”.  In addition to being able to recruit Leo, there are 200+ new monsters, new alternate character sprites, 50+ new battle themes, an entire Gameplay overhaul, dozens of new items, beast hunting, new bosses, over 50 patches/hacks from the community, all major bugs fixed, new spells/skills, smarter AI, new plot twists, and far too much else to list here!

This hack was especially made for those completionists/collectors who enjoy hunting those elusive items and monsters. You can easily drop 99+ hours of playtime completing the beast hunting and collecting those ultimate endgame items! Even if you just want a normal playthrough without the hunting, you will still find plenty of new content.

The following is a list of features:

• Approximately 200 new monster sprites on top of the original monsters for a total of 350 monsters
  • Optional end-game Beast hunting and some new bosses
  • Lots of new equipment, including dozens of new ultimate endgame gear
  • 50+ new battle themes
  • New alternate characters that remain faithful to the originals while adding a degree of freshness
  • The ability to recruit Leo as in the General Leo edition
  • New surprise twist for Gogo and his own set of equipment
  • Dozens of new spells and abilities and improved animations for existing spells
  • Complete Gameplay overhaul and rebalancing
  • New equipment menu that combines relics and gear
  • A surprise twist to the final Kefka fight with your party above a certain level
  • All new AI scripts for more intelligent monsters
  • 50+ user-made hacks, patches, improvements, and more included
  • Some new cutscenes
  • Pugs instead of Imps that change color based on the character
  • Some new dialog and plot twists
  • All major bugs fixed, such as vanish/doom trick, psycho cyan, the infamous Gau sketch bug, and the useless evade stat along with countless others
  • Ability to learn rages anywhere and to see which rages you are missing in Gau’s skill menu
  • Colosseum completely re-written, and the ability to control your characters
  • Re-written auction house to include more items and to be less annoying
  • Functional Umaro, complete with his own set of equipment and a brand new skill
  • New Dash function
  • Leo’s Shock overhaul, which is now limited to once per battle and will randomly choose between 3 types of shock attacks
  • New “Miracle” ability for Leo
  • Rebalancing of physical attacking vs. magic
  • Espers limited to mages
  • No more status boosts for espers to compensate for the mage-only esper system
  • Major rebalancing of characters; all of them should have a purpose for being in your group at one point or another!
  • Game-breaking attacks fixed, such as fixed dice with offering
  • Rages completely redone
  • No more missable rages; a complete list is doable
  • Many skill improvements, such as faster Bushido, A smart chainsaw that knows when to go for an instant kill, and Dance that never fails
  • New desperate attacks, including brand new desperate attacks for Umaro, Gau, and Leo.
  • More frequent desperate attacks
  • Countless other features. Far too many to list here, in fact!

Visit the Romhacking page and Download!
Grab the full PDF Guide here!
Watch the full Youtube Playthrough Live-streamed by Casual Tom

[Image: VJxLr6W.png][Image: htaKeWS.png]
[Image: dsocJwI.png][Image: F8OxUTi.png]
[Image: Gioh7Lq.png][Image: aqmHyBB.png]
[Image: wzEW9WZ.png][Image: W3HqVCU.png]
[Image: xdBuV0d.png][Image: IKLa10E.png]
[Image: WtTgWXi.png][Image: Hca6Tlj.png]
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Lightning for this post:
  • jack5881 (01-28-2023), madsiur (01-28-2023), UV74 (02-01-2023)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Awesome work Lightning!
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hey, nice work with the hack!

I just found a bug, but to be fair, I'm not in the newest patch. I'm in the floating continent, and I got the Da vinci brush. I think this was the trigger. When I went to equip it to Relm, I noticed I have 4 more brushes, magical brush. Each are in a different slot, like different items, and when looked in the inventory, they show as having zero of each.

Not sure what exactly happened, or if it's fixed in a newer version (I think I've got the second to last version), but just wanted to let you know.
  Find

Status
None
(01-28-2023, 03:41 PM)Luck_98 Wrote: Hey, nice work with the hack!

I just found a bug, but to be fair, I'm not in the newest patch. I'm in the floating continent, and I got the Da vinci brush. I think this was the trigger. When I went to equip it to Relm, I noticed I have 4 more brushes, magical brush. Each are in a different slot, like different items, and when looked in the inventory, they show as having zero of each.

Not sure what exactly happened, or if it's fixed in a newer version (I think I've got the second to last version), but just wanted to let you know.

That's one I've never seen or heard of before.  So you beat Gigantos, got the Davinci Brush, and somehow in your inventory you had other Brushes?  Did Relm have any equipped, or were they just in your inventory?  Can you manage a screenshot somehow?

Edit: also, did you see any strange graphical errors at any point?
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Congratulations on releasing your hack, sprites looks very good!

Find

Status
None
(01-28-2023, 04:23 PM)Lightning Wrote:

That's one I've never seen or heard of before.  So you beat Gigantos, got the Davinci Brush, and somehow in your inventory you had other Brushes?  Did Relm have any equipped, or were they just in your inventory?  Can you manage a screenshot somehow?

I was on the floating continent, with Celes, Leo, Strago and Locke. Rest of the team was unequipped. I think it was that, but I only noticed it a little before, going back to the ship and going to use Relm.

https://i.imgur.com/Zw3e69y.png

After using the brush, unequipping it and reorganizing the inventory, instead of 4 I've got now 6. And trying to sell them turn the 0 into a 55. After that, it *seems* normal, but I'm not sure.
Also just found one in the Veldt, killed it and got a second da vinci brush, but this time with no extra brushes... apparently.

I'm playing in snes9x, too.
  Find

Status
None
(01-28-2023, 08:53 PM)Luck_98 Wrote:

I was on the floating continent, with Celes, Leo, Strago and Locke. Rest of the team was unequipped. I think it was that, but I only noticed it a little before, going back to the ship and going to use Relm.

After using the brush, unequipping it and reorganizing the inventory, instead of 4 I've got now 6. And trying to sell them turn the 0 into a 55. After that, it *seems* normal, but I'm not sure.
Also just found one in the Veldt, killed it and got a second da vinci brush, but this time with no extra brushes... apparently.

That sounds like a nasty glitch happened somewhere along the way, similar to Relm's Sketch bug that can randomly give you 99+ of certain items.  The only problem is I can't fix it without knowing exactly what caused it.  Did you happen to see any slowdowns during any battles while any spells/skills were being used?  By any chance, did you see Meteo target a lot of monsters or slow the game down more than usual?  I did tweak a few spells that are more graphically demanding (like Meteo), so I want to be sure they aren't the cause of this.  So far nobody else has encountered the bug, but it could be a very specific set of circumstances, like a formation with a lot of monsters and a particular spell that was used on them. I'm pretty sure that organizing your items was not the cause of the bug, but I could be wrong.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
It was caused by the previous version's mistake of the Terra flashback scene happening on the Veldt, it gave the player 2 bugged Magical Brushes for some reason lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(01-28-2023, 08:53 PM)Luck_98 Wrote:

So yes, Gi Nattak ran into the same bug as he stated.  It's related to the bug that was fixed with version 1.01 with Terra's Flashback appearing on the Veldt - so make sure to grab the patch!  Smile
  Find

Status
None
I just wanted to say thanks so much for making this. I've been having a great time with it!
  Find