Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ff6 characters to ff4 patch

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Here’s my patch to change characters  to ff4 characters. Not all characters are changed but most are and recoloured all sprites and npc to match, took a while lol let me know if there’s any problems with it.

Attached Files
.zip  Ff6 to ff4 (U).zip (2.16 MB, 16 downloads)
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Which ROM is this intended to be patched on exactly? I've tried both 1.0 and 1.1 with a header and without, and none seem to work - emulator startup info saying it's become LoROM and corrupt.
It took you a while to make this, might as well take an additional minute to list the patching info... though I suspect the patch may just be bad.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • DKofthesoul (01-26-2023)

Status
None
Was a 1.1 rom I created the patch from but maybe the wrong rom I’ll try the 1.0. Sorry nattack first ever patch I’ve created from my edited rom.

Attached Files
.zip  Ff6 to ff4 (U).zip (359.32 KB, 10 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Seifer for this post:
  • DKofthesoul (01-26-2023)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
2.16mb for the first patch was giant, like 70% of the ROM size. So something was definitely wrong. The second patch size seems more appropriate.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah Madsiur, don’t know what happend lol the second patch works fine, I really want to do some other sprites but it’s really difficult with the limitations on palettes.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hey there! I unfortunately have a bug to report. When trying to recruit Setzer (his FF4 replacement) in the World of Ruin at Kohlingen, nothing happens. The event does not trigger for some reason. Also, I can try to provide more details...just let me know.
  Find

Status
None
I’ve only edited sprites, palettes and a few different moves/abilities, never edited any events so don’t know how that’s happend hopefully someone like gi nattack or Madsiur can look into this as there a lot better than me but I’ll look into this to c if I can find a reason.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(02-01-2023, 09:04 PM)Seifer Wrote: I’ve only edited sprites, palettes and a few different moves/abilities, never edited any events so don’t know how that’s happend hopefully someone like gi nattack or Madsiur can look into this as there a lot better than me but I’ll look into this to c if I can find a reason.

Looks like by accident you put a certain wrong tile where the lower half of the chair tile should be that prevents the player from talking to him/initiating the event. Laugh

[Image: 5r2sq8d.png]

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • DKofthesoul (02-03-2023), Seifer (02-03-2023)

Status
None
Thanks Nattack, added the bottom half of chair back in so hopefully should be fine now

Attached Files
.ips  Ff6 to ff4 (U).ips (430.96 KB, 6 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Seifer for this post:
  • DKofthesoul (02-03-2023), jack5881 (02-04-2023)