Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Multi-Steal-Fix Simplified Edition

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
Multi-Steal-Fix Simplified Edition
Author: SilentEnigma (updates), Imzogelmo (original implementation)
Version: 1.0
Released: 2023-02-18
Applies to: FF3us 1.0, FF3us 1.1, FF6j
Download

This is a somewhat overdue reworking of @Imzogelmo's Multi-Steal-Fix.

Multi-Steal-Fix 1.01 optimizes a big chunk of code in the C1 bank, so it does not play particularly nice with projects like Restored Ability Names, Expanded Item Names, TWUE, to name a few.

This patch reverts the C1 bank optimizations and instead uses 37 additional bytes of free space in the C2 bank. (Hopefully I have chosen wisely...)
That should allow it to work with more hacks without any special workarounds.

I also included the one-byte fix for the bug from Multi-Steal-Fix 1.01 at C2/39A9 (credit to @"Gi Nattak").
The overall behavior is intended to be identical to the variant of Imzogelmo's patch "with additional fixing" used in the C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation v2.6.

Attached Files
.zip  MultiStealFix-SE_v1.0.zip (8.38 KB, 23 downloads)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (02-20-2023), DrakeyC (02-18-2023), Gi Nattak (02-19-2023), madsiur (02-18-2023)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Thank you. This is great and I want to add it to the compilation. But first I need to ask an important question. Is this version of Multi-Steal still compatible with "For What Ails Ya" by Lenophis/Imzogelmo/Kejardon? I assume it is because the 3 bytes that overlap with "For What Ails Ya" are the same between both versions of Multi-Steal. (apply Multi-Steal first...) But it doesn't hurt to be cautious, right? :3

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
In 2019 I reported a bug to Imzogelmo for this patch about Steal always missing when used by a monster, does this patch fix this bug? if not consider this a bug report that you hopefully can fix Smile

Edit: By looking at patch disassembly, that one byte fix found Gi Nattak might be it! I haven't tested the patch yet but it's promising.

Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
(02-20-2023, 01:42 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: Thank you. This is great and I want to add it to the compilation. But first I need to ask an important question. Is this version of Multi-Steal still compatible with "For What Ails Ya" by Lenophis/Imzogelmo/Kejardon? I assume it is because the 3 bytes that overlap with "For What Ails Ya" are the same between both versions of Multi-Steal. (apply Multi-Steal first...) But it doesn't hurt to be cautious, right? :3

Looking forward to it! Just checked & tested. You will still need to use the "multi-steal" compatible variant of For What Ails Ya. (The conflict here is the C2 bank -- my patch only improves compatibility in C1.)

(02-20-2023, 12:55 PM)Warrax Wrote: In 2019 I reported a bug to Imzogelmo for this patch about Steal always missing when used by a monster, does this patch fix this bug? if not consider this a bug report that you hopefully can fix Smile

Edit: By looking at patch disassembly, that one byte fix found Gi Nattak might be it! I haven't tested the patch yet but it's promising.

Thanks for mentioning! Yep, that's the one.
Here's the earliest record I've found on it (see posts #693 & #696) Wink
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (02-22-2023), Warrax (02-24-2023)