Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final fantasy 6 PME

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Dark-Arts
Hello my fellow FF6 modders! my first post here, and I think this is an okay idea.
for those of you who don't know, PME stands for pick my edits. this means people who contact me through this thread get their edits into the hack! 
it will be based on FF6 1.0
it will be built in ff6tools! (https://everything8215.github.io/ff6tools/ff6tools.html)
rules!
no edits that can't be made in ff6tools.
no optional patches
if your edit goes against the rules of the site, I won't place it in the patch, I don't want to get in trouble.
if a mod asks me to remove something, that is final.
magic block cannot be higher than 30 without equipment.
I will stop editing once I get the message that it is to big when I try to save. after that, I will make a patch, and it will be complete.
there will be no version compatibility.
if you wish me to import a sprite, please post it here, and tell me which sprite to replace, as well as which sprite size to use (for monsters)
replacement format for characters:
name:
sprite:
(I have the sprite DB)
who made the sprite
portrait?
base stats 
(hp and mp at level one, max 255)
vigor
spd
stamina
magic power
battle power
def
magic def
evade (worthless stat to to the magicbblock bug)
magic block
command (no shock before shadow)
(I will rebalance the enemy bosses AI to make the game harder in proportion to everyones stats.)
if they are replacing Terra or Celes, the changes for they're level up spells.
equipment : sheilds (Y/N) main weapons (class, knives, swords, assassin knives, knuckles, light armor, heavy armor, list the ones your character can equip up to 5, excluding light armor)
please note that the character you give may have a different palette, as multiple characters share palettes in this game.
please use a portrait that represents your character.
if you make an edit that is against the mods directives, you can make a different edit.

if you are replacing an ability: 
base spell,
new spell name,
spell power
main spell effect
status effects attached
description
hit rate
never miss flag?

if your editing an Esper:
orignal esper
new name
sprite (please post a link to it)
spells learned at what rates
spells 1-5
name of spell
rate (X1 to X10)
level up bonus (only what's in the game, nothing new)
attack name:
if you edit an Esper, you have first pick on that espers ability effects.
for example, if you edit ramuh, you can also change bolt fist.

monster editor:
sprite
name
ability's used. (AI is not complex, but I will choose what counter moves and gimmicks I put in, in order to help comments not be massive.)
hp
mp
(a difficulty minimum and maximum will be give depending on where it appears in the game.)
elemental resistances.
fire
water
wind
earth
ice
lightning
death'
other status resistances
auto set status (only 0-3)
item dropped?

note that animations will not be changed for attacks, unless you change the targets. even then, I will not be in control of them.

please submit sprites for your character in the final fantasy 6 party member sprite format.

I will apply the changes once or twice daily, but I do have school. please be patient.

lastly, please give credits to whoever made your sprites, or whether you made them yourself.

actually lastly, if you want your name in the game, I can probably try to put your name in the ending, stated by your character replacement.
if you edit equipment, you will have you name in the credit TXT file once I've finished the project.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Request #1, and the only one I will post. Apply CV Reynolds Bugfix compilation patch before you do anything. That should be the rombase you work from.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (05-28-2022), megasus (05-25-2022)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Protect
Do you intend on adding custom music to this project?
  Find

Status
Dark-Arts
to answer Anyones question about music porting, once again, I must stress that things must be editable in FF6tools.
  Find

Status
Dark-Arts
(05-24-2022, 06:25 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Request #1, and the only one I will post. Apply CV Reynolds Bugfix compilation patch before you do anything. That should be the rombase you work from.

unfortunatly, I have tried to use the bug fix patch, but it is incompatible with ff6tools, due to the script changes.
for clarification, I use the browser version of ff6tools.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
So my advice then is to just make what you want. Everyone on this site is capable of doing edits in FF6Tools and applying other patches that they like. We've got dozens of great, well-put together versions of the game that are likely to suit the tastes of almost anyone. And if they don't suit your tastes, there are optional improvement patches you can put in. So just do what seems most fun to you.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find