Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixel precision portraits by Laurel

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 8
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I found these awesome portraits in a ff6 pixel remaster modding discord by a user called Laurel. I liked a lot the "Pixel precision" set, called like this cause they try to stay near to char sprites (pixel remaster sprites).

I had to resize them from 120x120 to 40x40 and from 60+ colors to 16 colors (manually picking best colors to stay near to the original artwork). While downscaling them i made some little modification where needed. For example Gau has no green hair to match his snes sprite.
Banon is the only portrait i didnt converted cause requested a lot of work and i like a lot his vanilla portrait. 

The ips is for an unheadered rom of FFIII (USA) or any hack out there.

Credits are given to the original artist 

[Image: nfuSUlP.png]     [Image: 5eyB3KV.png]

[Image: zHc2dmq.png]    [Image: PSmAKlA.png]

You can say hi or make a donation to Laurel in "Moogle & Mods" discord server

Attached Files
.7z  Pixel precision portraits.7z (12.29 KB, 58 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Gens for this post:
  • culix (11-04-2023), jack5881 (11-07-2023), jltoga (08-11-2022), Lightning (05-14-2022), Red Helix (12-23-2023), Xezcente (08-16-2023)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Some of those are very nice! I like the Celes portrait especially. I already have an improved Celes portrait in my hack, but I don't have have an alt Celes portrait. This one just might fit the bill...
  Find

Status
None
[Image: sWyCfLU.png]

updating the package to include Banon (now the set it totally custom)...

In this screen you can see all the "guests" char. I made little modifications to Locke/Sabin/Gau portraits (locke not so pale, Sabin tank color identical to its sprite and Gau with some adjusted pixel to eyes and hair)
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gens for this post:
  • jltoga (08-11-2022), Lightning (05-23-2022)

Threads: 20
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I ended up using quite a few of these portraits for my Alt character pack B (with my own modifications). This means I now have two completely unique sets of alt character sprites as well as alt portraits. Smile

Thanks for uploading these!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hey, random FF6 fan here. Thank you for sharing this. I created an account just so I could say: Thank You. These are really beautiful.

Would you be willing to share your art/image files so I could mix and match the characters? i.e. use some of the original portraits, and some of these new ones?

It looks like you did some really good work editing these down to work in the game. Nice job.
I downloaded the art from this other Laurel mod, "Edgar's New Look" - https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy6p...er/mods/53 - and tried to convert a few of the portraits myself so they work in the SNES. I failed horribly and they look awful.
So great work on making these look beautiful and work well.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks to you. I'm glad that you like them. Clearly all the compliments go to the pixel artists behind. I linked a 7z file that includes all their portraits I made snes compatible. Mix them as you like (via ff6tools is very fast).

Attached Files
.7z  Llama_Orgaz Snes portraits.7z (19.8 KB, 12 downloads)
  Find