Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monster Map Sprite

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Anyone got a complete Chupon monster map sprite, especially the back of its head? It is actually just a grey & white cube.

Also, anyone got an Atma monster map with left, right, & up facing direction sprite?
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Protect
I found full sprite sheets of the characters you're looking for on the Sprite Database.
  Find

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-01-2022, 11:56 PM)h.carrell Wrote: I found full sprite sheets of the characters you're looking for on the Sprite Database.

Hmm. Why importing it distort the color?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(05-02-2022, 12:36 AM)doofenH Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 11:56 PM)h.carrell Wrote: I found full sprite sheets of the characters you're looking for on the Sprite Database.

Hmm. Why importing it distort the color?

The original Chupon sprite uses palette 05, while the full sprite (pocoloco-ff6-chupon) uses something very similar to palette 02... which is of course much different than palette 05.
SO, if you import it into palette 05 with the 'Import town palette' box checked, it will essentially turn palette 05 into palette 02. We don't want that!
You could just manually draw in the back of his head animations yourself, using the full sheet as an easy/direct reference, should be easy enough.

I was going to suggest importing the expanded Chupon sprite over palette 02 instead, and then change the instance of his NPC being on the map to palette 02, but then I saw that it isn't exactly the same as palette 02...so it would mess up Terra etc. I'm really not sure why this expanded Chupon sheet uses its own custom palette, it shouldn't have to... Anyways, you should just draw in the missing piece manually to avoid this issue.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.