Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stuck at Floating Continent

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello in the scene of Gestahl and Kefka with the martial triad after defeating Omega in the part where Golbez should appear the game freezes but the animations continue, I am using version 2.7.0 with a rom with header and the patch from Walk to run hold B to walk, with the emulator ZSNES 8MB Custom Build does anyone have any idea what could be happening?
[Image: LYb6SPjW]
https://postimg.cc/LYb6SPjW
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
It could be an event freeze. But to exclude a zsnes issue, I would suggest testing with a more accurate emulator such as SNES9X or bsnes and without the optional patch (just have a 2nd ROM and copy/rename your savefile to that new ROM name). These things are more or less not likely to be the cause but we never know. Maybe Gi Nattak can test the event when he see this..
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Testing the event here, I'm not having any freeze at that spot. I'm also using ZSNES 8MB Custom Build with the walk to run patch applied on a headered ROM. I'm not sure what could be causing that for you, I tried setting up my party the same way and anything else I could think of. Could you upload your save or send one to me via PM or email please? And just to clarify, the event continues but Golbez's sprite doesn't show up on the map? Or do you mean the event freezes, Golbez is not there, but the sparkly save point NPC thingies keep flickering? Anyway, I'm very interested to take a look into this more. For what it's worth maybe try testing your save out with a freshly patched 2.7.1 ROM also - I don't remember fixing anything at that spot between 2.7 and 2.7.1, and there's nothing in the change-log about it, but just to cross all bridges or whatever that saying is.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Use the Snes9x version 1.60 emulator but the same thing happens, according to the gameplay that I saw Golbez should appear but it never does, I add my save and a video where it is seen how the game stays like that indefinitely and does not advance.

https://anonfiles.com/3d05j9Bexb

https://files.fm/u/7r3m36t3c
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Thanks, I'll take a look into it here. This used to be a thing ages ago where Golbez wouldn't show up, because the amount of NPC on the map was too many, but it was fixed. I wonder if there's something I'm not aware of that can push the NPC limit over... You didn't patch over a previous version or anything like that? 2.7.0 fresh playthrough from New Game?
EDIT: I think the save you uploaded isn't a working one exactly? It has an iso extension at the end, or at least it downloaded that way, and when I gave it an .srm extension only it doesn't seem to work.

Status
None
Yes, it´s a 2.7.0 fresh playthrough from New Game, the rom I use was clean without any modification and with version (U) (V1.0) as indicated in the readme.txt file

Maybe the save is corrupt, you say you tested the event, can you pass the save to me to test it?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah I'm not sure what happened with the save, it should only be 8KB and the one you linked seems to be 834KB, at least for me. If you can try sending to my email maybe, that file upload site seemed a bit sketch anyway: mikeferrell@live.com

I can send you the save file I used for testing, but the save has the characters all maxed out and all the items etc. It's used just to speed through the game and, well, test lol:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pu9bcm58k...1.srm/file

It's 2.7.1 save data, so I'm not sure how accurate it is for testing this issue with 2.7.0 there.

I was able to get your save data actually from that link, for some reason my computer was turning it into an .iso and having it be the wrong size... weird I know. I'll see what I can see and report back.

EDIT: I got the save loaded, and can confirm the freeze, I also noticed that the airship npc that you can jump on to leave is completely gone? I'll continue to investigate, something is causing these NPCs to be erased from the map it seems like, if I had to guess I'd say their memory bit is being cleared, but that shouldn't be happening of course.

Status
None
I went back up the save but this time to Mediafire you can try it please

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bnxazb2gw...S.srm/file

The save you sent me works fine Golbez appears as it should and the game continues
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I got your save downloaded and working, thanks. Yeah I'm not too sure offhand, I can't explain why your save has the Airship gone from the map also, it seems like it's removing NPC for some reason or something cleared their memory bits which would cause them to be absent from the map, but that really shouldn't be... they don't share memory bits for one, so for both of them to be gone I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I'll keep investigating. I see you got Reaper, and I'll try to spot anything else that might be worth testing, but I can't imagine what and I did test everything I thought very thoroughly for the 2.7. release.

Status
Nattak\'d
It does seem to be a max NPC limit issue, if I remove one NPC from the map both the airship and Golbez show up again, with your save. Now I need to figure out how it is exceeding the NPC limit for that map, I can't think of anything that would cause this and can't seem to trigger it using other save data along with trying other various things, but I'll keep at it.

EDIT: One Question I have, is how is is Cloud only lvl 19 while everyone else is much higher level? And also how would he know Force Steal and Meteor Sword at that low level, as those skills should be gotten at a higher level. There was a bug in versions before 2.7 where the events that grant a the party a level up, could give Cloud and/or Ronan skills that they shouldn't have yet, and possibly cause other oddities, and this certainly looks like the same sort of thing. But if you had a clean 2.7 install and playthrough this shouldn't be the case, it would mean that the bug is still present perhaps, although I tested the heck out of it...