Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stuck at Floating Continent

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I used the Auto Battle in the Lethe river to level up, Cloud stayed with that level because he was already in the party and the characters that were joining had the average level
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(01-13-2022, 11:43 PM)Mike957 Wrote: I used the Auto Battle in the Lethe river to level up, Cloud stayed with that level because he was already in the party and the characters that were joining had the average level

Ahh I see, gotcha. Looks like I never did put back level averaging for Cloud where I had removed it long ago. I will be sure and put that back in the next update!
But yeah, Cloud still shouldn't have access to Limit Breaks 5 and 6 until level 25 and 36 respectively, so something definitely wrong with that - I mentioned about there being a bug in the previous version before 2.7, where it could/would do just that for Cloud and Ronan, give them skills that they shouldn't yet have, it was due to a bug with a custom event command... anyways it could cause some nasty issues besides this we think, and the npcs being gone from the floating continent somehow might be related. I'll have to see if that bug is still present in this version, as it looks like it is for your save file... Besides that I'm not sure at all, I was leaning towards it being a max npc issue, but it doesn't seem like it since my save data it doesn't happen and this has never been reported.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Mike957 (01-14-2022)

Status
None
I saw that in your save you had not recruited a reaper and everything works fine, so I started a new game I did exactly the same as in my previous game except for recruiting reaper and everything works fine, (i used cheats to get there fast), the problem was recruiting reaper, thanks Gi Nattak for deducing that recruiting reaper could have been the problem, here is the proof.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/P5rGcSH
[Image: ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC]
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Huh! Well, glad the issue was resolved. Recruiting Reaper shouldn't cause this to happen though, so I guess I'll look into that now! It's another thing I tested and tried today and it didn't cause this to happen, but who knows, who knows.

EDIT: It is in fact a real issue, I can duplicate it here on my side with my save data. It totally is related to recruiting Reaper, but the reason I didn't catch it is because I tested it by recruiting him and then also bringing him along to the Floating Continent, in which case the event freeze will not happen. But if he is recruited and then left behind, it will cause this! I will get on a fix and the next update should be ready to go after that, so that's good timing at least.

I see now also you can get past the bug by bringing Reaper along in the party, the event doesn't freeze then. That's why I didn't catch it when testing, because I was bringing Reaper.

Status
None
What good news is that you have been able to identify exactly what was causing the event freeze now I will be able to recruit reaper xD.

Thank you very much for your hard work
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Mike957 for this post:
  • DragoonDave (01-15-2022), Gi Nattak (01-14-2022)

Threads: 0
Status
None
If it helps at all, I had this exact same issue yesterday. Google led me here, and I can confirm that I recruited Reaper and that bringing him with me prevented the bug! Thanks a lot for looking into this; I really didn't want to start over.

This game is a blast!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DragoonDave for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (01-15-2022)

Status
Nattak\'d
(01-15-2022, 09:28 AM)DragoonDave Wrote: If it helps at all, I had this exact same issue yesterday. Google led me here, and I can confirm that I recruited Reaper and that bringing him with me prevented the bug! Thanks a lot for looking into this; I really didn't want to start over.

This game is a blast!

Very sorry for the trouble, there'll be an update out real soon that will fix this, as well as a couple other issues. Until then I am thankful there is at least this way to get past it!
And welcome btw! Smile