Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Replacing Runic with Shock

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Before I set up my new computer in August and reeeeally get into hacking, I wanted to start with something simple. When visiting Leo's Tomb in WoR with Celes, I'd like her to be able to obtain his sword and replace her Runic ability with Shock. Is this able to be done through a weapon, or would I need to modify a relic? ...or is this possible at all? (The question I ask the most on this site!).
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Yes, this is possible. GrayShadows coded some ASM to change out a character's command permanently. It is used in Divergent Paths in 2 different places. 1 place gives Gau a permanent Fight command, and the other is an NPC that lets you permanently upgrade to Mug/Control/GP Toss, or revert back to the original. Check this thread:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3544.html
Note that because of the short window that allows you to re-order commands, his third variant is the only real option.

Giving Leo's sword to Celes is very easily done within the event code, and can be done without adding any asm to the game.

Just to give you ideas though, I do this same thing in Divergent Paths, but the sword is the Illumina, and I only give it to the player if they uncurse the Cursed Shield and visit the grave with the Palandin Shield equipped. I do this using Madsiur's Equipment Check ASM.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
There's also this patch that adds a relic to the mix: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-2015.html

Both are valid outlets.  People around here are pretty good at sharing source code with the community.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Joshua H. for this post:
  • Jeff (07-29-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
As a note, the compatibility issues that post talks about are all in the item description. If you make the 2-byte change to the C2 bank that he lists via a hex editor, you'll have no issues.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Jeff (07-29-2021), Joshua H. (06-10-2021)