Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Edit Narshe Esper battle

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(05-10-2021, 01:20 AM)doofenH Wrote: Found it, and yes I did. Can I respawn Rider twice? Or change Rider into another monster?

All things are possible, if you know how to edit the event code and map NPCs. If your question is, "Can I do this easily?" the answer is, "No." You'll need to probably relocate the event code for that NPC and expand the script to either respawn or create a new NPC. That NPC will need its own movement script, its own battle formation, etc. This is one of those things that is super-simple to do with an uncompiled game, but once you're working with a compiled game (like a rom image), it can get pretty sticky.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 47
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Something infinite happened with the Rider encounter. I changed the monsters using FF3usME formation index 87 (& maybe something else I don't remember), but somehow the encounter is forever now.  Any clue what I done wrong? I don't think I messed with CC/CA56 or CC/CA59.
  Find

Status
None
I'm trying to determine what you are saying. Do you mean that as soon as you finish the battle, you get right back into it? That happens on an event when you don't set an event flag for it. For battles like this, where contact with the enemy will initiate a battle, then unless you either delete their NPC or teleport them somewhere else as soon as you defeat them, they will keep re-triggering the event over and over again.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
That is correct, but I solved it. I don't know why but on CC/CA59= B7 40 63 CA 02, in its last digit was changed to 00 instead of the original 02.
  Find

Status
None
Oh no, you're not saving in Zone Doctor, are you? That's one of it's signature bugs. If you have saved in Zone Doctor, even once, your rom is irreversibly corrupted, and you may need to start over.

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
(05-18-2021, 09:22 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Oh no, you're not saving in Zone Doctor, are you? That's one of it's signature bugs. If you have saved in Zone Doctor, even once, your rom is irreversibly corrupted, and you may need to start over.

No, I used HxD. I did used Zone Doctor to look & chg NPC sprite & colors. I especially "not" save anything on the event scripts due to the many warning on it corrupting the file. No crash so far on the same rom.
  Find

Status
None
It doesn't matter where you saved. If you opened the rom and then clicked "Save", even without making any edits, the damage is done. You must use FF6LE to change NPCs and colors. I had released Divergent Paths: The 3 Scenarios, before I found this out, and I had to go back and re-do all of my work.

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
(05-19-2021, 12:01 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: It doesn't matter where you saved. If you opened the rom and then clicked "Save", even without making any edits, the damage is done. You must use FF6LE to change NPCs and colors. I had released Divergent Paths: The 3 Scenarios, before I found this out, and I had to go back and re-do all of my work.

Interesting. Then let hope all my hard works are not wasted.
  Find