Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3USME Issue

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
When I download FF3USME and try to edit my FF6 SNES rom, I get error messages that say I'm missing some DLL files(mfc100u.dll & msvcr100.dll).  I looked them up and they relate to a program called Microsoft Visual C++.  I've tried downloading those files manually as well as installing the related programs.  Even when I put the DLL files directly in the same folder as FF3USME, I just get an error message saying "the program was unable to start correctly".  I've tried running it in compatibility mode, but nothing works.  Does anyone else have any suggestions for how to get the program to function?
  Find

Status
None
Windows 10? Can you find out your specific version of Windows 10 if so?

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
(04-24-2021, 02:27 PM)buchhalter80 Wrote: When I download FF3USME and try to edit my FF6 SNES rom, I get error messages that say I'm missing some DLL files(mfc100u.dll & msvcr100.dll).  I looked them up and they relate to a program called Microsoft Visual C++.  I've tried downloading those files manually as well as installing the related programs.  Even when I put the DLL files directly in the same folder as FF3USME, I just get an error message saying "the program was unable to start correctly".  I've tried running it in compatibility mode, but nothing works.  Does anyone else have any suggestions for how to get the program to function?

I just tried 6.60 version and had no problem.
I have [mfc70.dll] & [msvcr70.dll] in this folder. Neither are the two you mentioned.

Well, there was ONE issue beforehand; It says that microsoft prevented the program from running and I clicked the [info?] button and chose [Run anyway]. Cast

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable for x86, IIRC some files need to be registered so just putting the files in the directory won't work.

Looks like Microsoft killed the download link, here's a link to where you can download the redist:
https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/m...table.html

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Warrax for this post:
  • madsiur (04-25-2021)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Note that MSVC++ 2010 is also available as a zip on the FF3usME wiki page: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...il:ff3usme
  Find