Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tintinabar Restores MP

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The Tintinabar (or Tintinnabulum) is an interesting, but semi-useless relic. It does not restore enough HP to make it worthwhile. However, if it restored MP, it would be a bit more enticing. This micropatch has the Tintinabar restoring a little bit of MP with every step. Two versions exist: one that restores MP equal to 1/8th of your stamina with each step, and another that restores 1/16th. Choose the version that you want. Note that if you are using the 1/16th version, and the character's stamina is below 16, they will restore 0MP.

This hack is unfortunately incompatible with Lenophis's "Unhardcoded Tintinabar" hack. His code is so optimized that I was unable to add in the extra 2 bytes that were needed to do the additional division.

Attached Files
.zip  Tintinabar MP.zip (1.99 KB, 11 downloads)

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • C-Dude (04-03-2021), DrakeyC (04-04-2021), madsiur (04-03-2021), Robo Jesus (08-02-2021), Warrax (04-04-2021)

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I noticed the MP gain is always missing 1MP (eg. 48 Stamina gives 5mp instead of 6 (or 2mp instead of 3 with 1/16th version), it's also probably why it gives 0mp if Stamina is too low.

The fix is to use that conveniently well placed 1byte free space at C0/4A81 and put a INC (1A in hex) here.

Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(09-29-2023, 02:51 PM)Warrax Wrote: I noticed the MP gain is always missing 1MP (eg. 48 Stamina gives 5mp instead of 6 (or 2mp instead of 3 with 1/16th version), it's also probably why it gives 0mp if Stamina is too low.

The fix is to use that conveniently well placed 1byte free space at C0/4A81 and put a INC (1A in hex) here.

This was intentional to the design. If you're using the 1/8th version, no character starts with a low enough stamina to get 0mp. I think your fix is a good one if someone is using the 1/16th version.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I did more testing to see if I was missing something, from what I can see the 161C value doesn't count extra stamina from gear. For example there's no difference in MP gain from 46 to 48 stamina, from 37 to 49 stamina or from 64 to 75 stamina if that extra stamina is from gear so that's why I was confused and thought there was an issue with rounding.

Find