Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Antinomia: FF6

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
And here's the Leo... "non-recruitment" event variant, if you left him behind on the Floating Continent.  Everything proceeds the same as variant 1 above until you reach the rename screen.

[Image: pi5QQ1k.png]
Leo informs Terra that his fear for the safety of his soldiers kept him from taking any action before.

[Image: 2OKaNPC.png]
So that Terra isn't held back by the same fear, he offers to stay behind to look after her kids while she's off saving the world.

After this, he gives them the music box and informs Terra of the record player sidequest, same as variant 1.  But this time around, since he's not joining the party, he doesn't ask to learn magic.  Instead, he gets a different kind of spell cast on him.

[Image: toJ9tCz.png]
You've been officially adopted, sir.

I still need to work on the dialogue lines for Leo and the kids should you return to Mobliz and talk to them after this, but the main event is now complete in both its iterations.  

Next on the list will be to implement the aforementioned record player event to grant new bonuses to the party.  The intent will be to use the custom stat-boosting event I laid out in an earlier post to permanently augment the stats of the current party members like an instant Esper bonus.  From scouring all the town maps, there are 10 record players in total that are reachable after finding Leo, with one that is permanently missable.  I'm considering tying the unlocking of some kind of ultimate weapon to finding all 10.
  Find

Status
None
The new record player sidequest is complete!  By my count there are 10 record players in the World of Ruin, and visiting each of them will play a song from FF4 or FF5 (thanks, music wiki, for the song data!), and as a one-time bonus will also permanently boost one of the four esper-boostable stats of the current party members by 5.

[Image: 5ftZ8Rb.png]

Note that the record player in the collapsing house in Tzen counts towards the 10 and is the only one that grants Speed +5 to the whole party, so don't miss it or it's gone for good after that sequence.  Also, because the record players don't activate until after you finish Leo's event and he informs you of the sidequest, it's recommended to do Leo's event before Sabin's.

If you manage to visit all 10, you're rewarded with a prize

[Image: h1RnjY7.png]

I wanted to name it something music-based, and "Divo" is a (male) star opera singer.  This weapon replaces Ragnarok (which will now always be Magicite), but has better stats and since it's Leo's weapon, comes with native X-Fight without needing the Offering.

This means I need to come up with a new way to get Illumina, and I may rename it "La Diva" for consistency.  Since Il Divo is granted at the end of a Leo-prompted sidequest, I guess it would be appropriate for La Diva to be granted at the end of a Celes-prompted sidequest, possibly initiated by taking her back to the Solitary Island (which was skipped in this mod in favor of a new Terra event).

But while I think about how to go about that, next on the list is a slight rework to the Sabin re-recruitment to add an additional scene if Edgar is in the party when you find him, because it's a tragedy that such a thing wasn't there before.
  Find

Status
None
All, right, and now I've got an additional scene you get if you have Edgar in the party when you find Sabin.  Since we're starting in Mobliz instead of the Solitary Island and I knocked out the bridge between the Southern Continent and the Serpent Trench, Sabin can't be recruited until after you obtain the airship, meaning you necessarily have Edgar recruited but possibly not in your party.  If you do have him with you, there's an additional scene.

[Image: yXVGcj2.png]

I'd read that there was a deleted scene in the original script where if you failed the collapsing house scenario, Sabin perma-died and it cut to Edgar digging through the rubble trying to find him.  I decided I didn't want to add that scene back in, so I made reference to it instead.

Next up I think I'm going to work on the Mog and Umaro WoR recruitment, by also adding the guest character code to interacting with WoR Mog, as well as changing the conditions for getting Umaro to check for you having the guest character in your party instead of slot 0A, who is now Leo.

And then after that, I think I'll tackle the Celes-prompted sidequest for the La Diva weapon that I now have a pretty good idea of what I want it to be.

Remaining stuff I WILL add:
Adding Leo to the Gau dress-up event
Adding Leo to the ending

Remaining stuff I might add but need to plan it out more:
Some kind of closure about Banon and Arvis, who were revealed to have survived after the betrayal at Thamasa?

Some kind of scene between Leo and the last remaining Imperial soldier in the coliseum?
Some kind of scene involving Leo finding the effects of the wounded soldier in Mobliz?
Adding in the deleted scene of Strago confronting Shadow about his identity?
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Fast Moon for this post:
  • jack5881 (02-28-2023), madsiur (02-28-2023), rhonryderz (02-27-2023)

Status
None
Mog WoR re-recruitment rework is complete to convert this instance of him into a guest character, too.

[Image: 1Se7eNB.png]

Dissidia Opera Omnia explicitly confirmed the fan theory about what happened to the other moogles and why Mog survived, so I've got him spelling it out here, too.  This instance of Mog is permanently equipped with the Moogle Charm/Molulu's Charm, so having him in your party makes you immune to random encounters.  He also can't learn dances anymore, both because he can't get into battles outside of scripted battles, and because the code that makes him learn dances checks for a specific Actor Properties ID (rather than party slot ID) as being present in the party, and it's looking for his WoB Actor property.  However, any dances you learned in WoB carry over and he can still use them if you get into a scripted battle.

Next up I think I'm going to work on another new sidequest prompted by taking Celes back to the Solitary Island.  Since we started in Mobliz with Terra in this version, we never actually found out what happened to Celes, since she just washed up in Mobliz a year later and the story continued from there.  In the original game it's unclear whether Celes ever actually told anyone what happened, so I wanted to explore that.  This one may take a bit, mostly because completing the sidequest requires re-recruiting every last character.
  Find

Status
None
Solitary Island event Part A is done.

Since this mod starts with Terra in the World of Ruin rather than Celes, Celes just shows up in Mobliz with no explanation to begin with.  Therefore, to find out what happened to her, take Celes back to the Solitary island and examine Cid's grave.

[Image: YDvqFjS.png]

The Solitary Island sequence is now a flashback to show what happened to Celes before she showed up on Terra's doorstep, and also so that Celes can relate to the others what happened, which it's not entirely clear if she ever talked about in the original game.  In this version, Cid always dies, and therefore Celes always attempts suicide.

[Image: ORGU65q.png]

But, now that she's talked about it, she's got friends around her now who can help her through it.  And kind of like a "Gold Saucer Date" sort of scene, depending on how far you've progressed through the game when you take Celes to the Solitary Island, she gets a different therapist to console her.

[Image: ZQHS5sD.png]
[Image: 2dfV9EF.png]
[Image: 2nG81bZ.png]

(Terra also has two different scenes depending on whether she succeeded or failed her own scenario)

But now that she's gotten that off her chest, Celes has made a resolution, which takes us to Part B that I need to work on.

[Image: 7CP2pZy.png]

Celes promises to Cid that she's going to gather up all of her friends and bring them to his grave to meet them, so that he knows she's in good hands and can rest easily.  Since Celes's theme is "searching for friends", Part B of this event will be a mission to bring Celes + all 14 other possible party members (cumulatively) to Cid's grave where she will introduce them to him one by one.  Once you've brought all 14 party members, you'll get rewarded with the other ultimate weapon, La Diva, to pair with Leo's Il Divo.
  Find

Status
None
Solitary Island event Part B is now done!

It's kind of a shame that in the original game, you didn't get anything special for finding everyone in the World of Ruin.  Well... now you do!

Celes takes her "Searching For Friends" seriously and decides she's going to bring everyone she finds to Cid's grave in order to give proper introductions.

[Image: DdyL1WF.png]

(yes, that means everyone, including these three)

[Image: yxVZ8Ht.png]

Once she's brought all 14 other characters to Cid's grave, Cid's ghost appears and thanks her.

[Image: nuR8HeQ.png]

And as a reward he grants the party the other ultimate weapon that now replaces Illumina: La Diva.  This weapon boosts magic damage and also auto-equips the bearer with Dualcast and half MP cost.

[Image: pKJGFoU.png]

Next up I'm going to add Leo to the Gau dress-up event to give him a line, and after that... just some housekeeping for the rest of the game, probably (not giving you the option to take Ragnarok as a sword now that you get Il Divo, changing the coliseum bets accordingly, etc), and then finally moving on to the ending!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The Gau dress-up scene is really tricky. It has a main event that references a couple of different subroutines. Here are my notes:
Main Event: CB/65A8
Restaurant: CB/62B3 (Subroutine called from CB/5FAF)
Dress-up: CB/6323 (Subroutine called from CB/606B)

The dress-up scene is really screwed up in vanilla. There is a bug in the exchange between Locke and Edgar that causes you to NEVER be able to see the full scene, no matter which characters you have recruited. I'd encourage you to check Divergent Paths to see how I re-arranged the scene. I added lines for Leo, Shadow, Relm, and Strago, fixed the bugs, and added some more NPCs to make it so that characters who didn't show in the scene now do.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
(03-30-2023, 09:55 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: The Gau dress-up scene is really tricky. It has a main event that references a couple of different subroutines. Here are my notes:
Main Event: CB/65A8
Restaurant: CB/62B3 (Subroutine called from CB/5FAF)
Dress-up:  CB/6323 (Subroutine called from CB/606B)

The dress-up scene is really screwed up in vanilla. There is a bug in the exchange between Locke and Edgar that causes you to NEVER be able to see the full scene, no matter which characters you have recruited. I'd encourage you to check Divergent Paths to see how I re-arranged the scene. I added lines for Leo, Shadow, Relm, and Strago, fixed the bugs, and added some more NPCs to make it so that characters who didn't show in the scene now do.

Heh, I noticed that when I pulled up the event in the event dump to start looking it over, and couldn't figure out what it was trying to do in a lot of places.  A lot of unnecessary code that first checks if a character is in the party and then checks if the character has been recruited and then does the same thing either way.

What's the part that gets skipped no matter what?  Gau seems to be involved in several events that contain unreachable code, haha.
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Moog
I'm not sure to what bug PowerPanda is referring, but Edgar's and Locke's contributions to the dress-up can only occur if they're in the active party, which deviates from the rest of the cast who simply need be recruited to contribute to the scene. That's the "Tuxedo -> Bandanas -> Dogs at the Beach (Locke beats the snot out of Edgar)" exchange. I would guess it's that way because the item shop is relatively small and there wouldn't be enough room for them to both put outfits on Gau and for Locke to run around and punch Edgar without them being in the active party.

When I was playing with that scene, because I couldn't get Locke and Edgar to behave if they were independently placed, I simply forced them into the party, much like how the party is forced to Locke and Celes after the Phoenix Cave.

I'd say the complicated part of that event is its connection to Gau's father, who is insanely complicated and also has a bunch of unreachable and obscurely reachable events.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(03-30-2023, 07:47 PM)C-Dude Wrote: I'm not sure to what bug PowerPanda is referring, but Edgar's and Locke's contributions to the dress-up can only occur if they're in the active party, which deviates from the rest of the cast who simply need be recruited to contribute to the scene.

I never tried putting them both in the active party. I just thought that the event was unreachable.

Anyway, what I said before is still true. Divergent Paths patches up all of the parts of that scene, while adding branches for 4 more characters. Feel free to steal whatever.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find