Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Antinomia: FF6

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 33
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(11-20-2022, 08:53 PM)C-Dude Wrote: Someone in Tzen (or perhaps it was Albrook) does mention that 'on that day' there was a vortex that sucked everything into the center of the continent.  The presence of Magitek Factory elements and Imperial Palace suggests that Vector was crushed by this debris and became part of Kefka's Tower.

Just keep an eye out for strings that mention that if you're removing that element from the Empire's fall.

Code:
[caption #2232]

On THAT day, debris from all over the world floated eerily to the center of this land mass, and formed that tower_
The string's relative position suggests WoR Albrook.

Right, I meant that aside from like a line or two in passing, the Empire being gone has, like, zero effect on anyone.  Even Celes never mentions it.  And since that line is from Albrook, which was skipped, I wanted to pull that info here instead and repurpose Albrook for something else.

Quote:EDIT: As for places to reintroduce Leo... hmm...
WoR Albrook doesn't have any recruits in WoR and you said you passed it, so that might be a good place to put Leo.

Like that.  XD

Yeah, my current thought is to have Leo in Albrook, since he's got ties to that town and it's the only town that doesn't have any other character event tied to it.  My main problem is having too many ideas for him and needing to pare it down into a workable, cohesive event.

I also want to add more character-specific events for other characters, too, since WoR originally felt a bit too "same-y" with how things played out regardless of who was in the party.
  Find

Status
None
As expected, I didn't do much different with the Setzer re-recruitment event beyond re-translating a couple of lines and giving some of the dialogue to Terra since she's now mandatory to be there.

So, now that we've got airship again, we can basically go anywhere, but naturally I want to head to the place that's the whole point of this mod in the first place... finally recruiting Leo as a full-time party member.

... Provided you didn't leave him behind on the Floating Continent, that is.

And unlike if you left Shadow behind, I do want there to be some closure in the scenario where you didn't wait for Leo.  I haven't decided yet whether that means he was crippled in the fall and you come upon him bedridden and he refuses to be healed this time, or if he's still generally physically sound but emotionally damaged enough that he won't join you.  Either way, I don't want him to just be "gone" like Shadow was, but he still won't be recruitable.

But then that means there's more branching routes that I have to consider, as well as writing an entirely new recruitment event for him for the happy path where you did wait for him and he will agree to join you.

Hopefully this time it won't take me a year like Terra's new WoR intro event did, but I was also hindered by having another project come up in the meantime in that case, and hopefully that won't happen again here.  So with that said... *cracks knuckles* ... let's do this.

(also updated my avatar to show how excited Leo is about all these traumatic things I'm contemplating inflicting on him)
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 277
Thanks Given: 157
Status
None
In Divergent Paths, I actually put Leo in Cyan's place, and repurposed Cyan's dreams for the WoR recruitment scenario. Leo's thing for the past year has been writing letters on behalf of all of the soldiers that died following him, which I thought fit Leo much better than Cyan. You're welcome to borrow any of it that works for you, including Leo's theme music, which we have already ready to drop into a rom. Here's a video going over that section of the game.

I think that Albrook could be a great place for Leo too. Leo's hometown is never specified in-game, so it may as well be Albrook. If it were, it would make sense that he returned home to try to help rebuild the town. He could also be trying to find information on the 3 Statues and the Atma Weapon, which shield Kefka. I seem to remember a random Albrook NPC knowing far more about those things than he should.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Thanks.  I do like your idea and agree that it makes more sense for Leo to be the one to bring closure to the Mobliz soldier and Lola story than Cyan.  I do think I at least want to acknowledge Leo's connection to the soldier, but other than that I still want my recruitment event for him to be entirely original.

My current thought on the scenario is this: He's been adrift at sea on the Magitek transport ship that was docked at Albrook (which means I need to do a map edit to remove the ship from the harbor x_X), and has been picking up and dropping off wayward people and supplies, but never stays in one spot.  With the Empire gone, he has no "anchor" anymore; nowhere to go home to, no one specific to serve (this is kind of mirroring his depiction in Dissidia Opera Omnia when he first gets summoned). And since he blames his poor decision-making for Kefka being able to get as far as he did, he's also reluctant to have anyone depend on him.  So, after some activities to get the ship to spawn at Albrook, the party finds him alone on the ship.  He's elated to find that Celes and Terra survived, but still feels he doesn't deserve a place on the team after all the things he let happen. That is until he learns about Terra's struggles with the Mobliz children, and realizes that by choosing to do nothing, he's still making the same choice he did when he abandoned Terra to her fate originally.  So he offers the use of the cargo ship to run supplies to Mobliz to feed them and help them rebuild.  And when they arrive, Leo gets what he didn't realize he needed: One of the children thanks him for bringing their "Mama" back home. All his life, the only reason he'd go to someone's house and meet their family was to inform them that a loved one was gone. He'd long wished to send his soldiers back to their families, but never could. And now he was able to do it for the person he'd most regretted failing. This gives him the resolve he needs to finally agree to join the fight.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
I love this idea and I'm very excited to play this when it's ready.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 277
Thanks Given: 157
Status
None
That does sound like a great idea.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find